Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight XX52A (outdoor camera)  (Read 49823 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Airsight XX52A (outdoor camera)
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:34:08 AM »

I've been playing with this camera for a little bit and finally have it mounted at my off grid place.
I have a few different brand cameras here and all have WiFi range issues the airsight is no different.
I've played with moving around my router to try and find a sweat spot but there just doesn't seem to be one.
I'll most likely need to make either the Airsight and/or an EasyN camera a wired connection so I can view them all.

The XX52A is a wide eye fixed camera, the case is black aluminum not plastic.
The easy scan setup for an android device can't make it any easier for a quick connection.
The Quality of the picture is much better on the smart phone then with IE on a PC.
It also is just a bit better then my other cameras no mater what software I view it with.
I'm not fussy on the Airsight web interface but it may grow on me.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:40:54 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Airsight XX52A (outdoor camera)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »

I did post a link on my forum (members only section) for this but I'm currently having issues with my router.
I was down all yesterday so looks like a new one is a must.
Once I have a new router installed and working I'll post a link here so the community can view and compare.
I currently have another camera (EasyN) loading with the Airsight web interface for comparison but due to my flaky router this is hit and miss as to if it will display. B:(
I may have to run a Ethernet cable to the Airsight so I can maintain a steady connection until a new router is setup.
color is off slightly due to the IR lights  but have made a suggestion to enable it to turn off along with some other suggestions

The one draw back I find is the inability to move the camera (pan/Tilt) however if the proposed PTZ outdoor camera is as nice as this I'll be getting one of them when they come out.
The above pics are all of the Airsight  just different interfaces.
This one shows the different cameras less one.
I have a hard time connecting to all at once (router thing I hope)
Note: I only used the EasyN web interface as my Airsight one is set for internet and my router won't allow loopback this is set to view cameras locally.
Although the Foscam is set up indoors when testing the Airsight inside both were identical in picture quality with the Airsight having a wider viewing angle.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »

The CD that comes with the new Airsights has a new version of the IPCamclient software (1.9.0.25)
It detects the old version but I found uninstalling the old version was needed to get a clean install as viewing the info stated the version was 1.9.0.22.
I don't see much difference in the software it still won't let you connect to other manufactures cameras ( A big draw back to me )  :(
I'm not sure the purpose of the emaps ::) :'
I also not sure I like the required log out when closing.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:58:36 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »

Since my router at the cottage wouldn't allow loop back I was unable to test additional camera viewing with a link.
I've since setup the Airsight Camera with an EasyN PTZ camera for comparison.

I'm not sure how long this will stay up as I'm not happy with mount the location.
Since the camera is setup for a long distance the IR is useless where it is currently focused
I've added the OSD in red to the Airsight so time is visible.
Robins have moved in beside it so I'll wait till the young have move out before I relocate.

I'll attempt to keep the EasyN cam fixed on the same location however being as it is a PTZ camera it may not always be trained on the same location.
I don't have another brand camera that is a fixed camera so this really isn't a good comparison.
The EasyN isn't a wide eye either.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:02:08 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nitespot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »

I just purchased an XX52A ip wireless outdoor camera and even using the SCAN setup am not able to get the camera to be accessed by my router.  I checked the router for settings and all looks good, check to see if the connection port was working and even the ethernet cable.  For some reason it will not communicate with the router (dell 3250).
Any suggestions on what to do next?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:27:44 AM »

It had been a while since I had connected a IP camera and figured I remembered all steps. B:(
it took me a few tries to get up and running as I had missed a simple step(can't remember what it was now), ::) :'

Connect the camera directly to the router with a Ethernet cable  install the camera discovery software (on disk that was with the camera)
Plug in the camera power and do a factory reset.
Run the camera discovery tool.
If it doesn't find your camera then you'll need to check your router making sure you haven't limited the number of devices that can be connected.
If you intend to run this wireless then you need to setup the info of the camera in the wireless section of the routers software.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:22:45 AM »

If it doesn't find your camera then you'll need to check your router making sure you haven't limited the number of devices that can be connected.
And, check whether you have enabled MAC Filtering (highly recommended).
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 12:52:43 PM »

I've since move this camera to my city residents and mounted it to view my back sliding door.
The picture quality is better with a closer view.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.