Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ninja XCam2 WideEye Cam Preset Scanning Macro How-To???  (Read 11365 times)

autopilot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Ninja XCam2 WideEye Cam Preset Scanning Macro How-To???
« on: June 21, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »

Hello fellow X10 fanatics,

I recently got a XCam2 Color WideEye Wireless Camera installed with a Ninja Pan&Tilt base. I configured and preset it to scan/sweep to 4 different test positions both in in AHP iWatchOut plug-in and the separate Vanguard software. I set my HC for all my lamp modules to A (monitored), my sensors to B and Ninja Cam to E (to minimize interference or signal conflict). Now I'm initially planning to design SmartMacros to control the Ninja Cam to be triggered by 4 sensors (set approximately in my desired 4 preset positions) or by an X10 RF remote control or AHP PC interface. Basically, it should do the following functions:

a. When each motion sensor gets tripped, the Ninja Cam must scan/sweep to each respective preset postion and take a snaphots and send images in preset intervals taken to my e-mail address as long as motion is detected . Then the Ninja Cam should go back to center position if no motion is detected by any of the sensors.

b. The Ninja Cam will turn ON (activated when away from home) or OFF (deactivated when arriving at home) if desired using the AHP interface (thru PC) or by any X10 remote (e.g. PalmPad) separate/independent from the sensors.

I'm still browsing for more detailed articles and/or practical examples or step-by-step "how-to's" but for some reason can't yet find easy to follow (w/o any snag), suitable ones. Any advice/inputs are appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:41:35 PM by autopilot »
The basic, must-haves for home repair are duct tape if it moves and WD-40 if it doesn't...

zach1234

Re: Ninja XCam2 WideEye Cam Preset Scanning Macro How-To???
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 12:11:46 AM »

Do you have the smart macro Plug in?

autopilot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:15:25 AM »

Yep, I have the latest, full AHP suite with all the software plug-ins iWatchOut, MyHouse Online,SmartMacros, OnAlert. I have started designing and experimenting with test Macros for a motion sensor-activated XCam2 video/still photo recording with Ninja Pan & Tilt base but still encountered glitches like the camera will take photos either before it sweeps to the preset position where motion is detected or before the lamp modules turn its light on resulting in dark, unlighted background shots... ???
The basic, must-haves for home repair are duct tape if it moves and WD-40 if it doesn't...

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »

...the camera will take photos either before it sweeps to the preset position where motion is detected...
When designing macros for my Sentinel, I found it necessary to put delays after each goto position command before telling it to take a snapshot.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

zach1234

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »

Put a delay right after the "go to" command. Time the sweep interval and then put that time for the delay. Let us know how it turns out.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.