Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Controlling a Window AC Unit  (Read 9731 times)

runt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Controlling a Window AC Unit
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »

The PF284 can be set to send an on signal over the powerline when the input is closed and an off when the input is opened. It can be set to do other things with configuration switches. The HD243 should be able to receive the powerline signals from the PF284 and go on and off.
You may want to look at some of the Troubleshooting threads here as there are somethings that can effect X10 signals. Like electronic noise makers etc. I don't think the HD243 would be an opposite phase thing as it is on both by default.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?board=8.0
http://www.act-solutions.com/PCC/uncle.htm
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page

ok, thanks again.  now to just wait for a reply from the ebay store about shipping discounts.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:49:52 AM by JeffVolp »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »

OK keep us informed on progress.
As a test.
I connected a PF284 actually the X10Pro PSC01 model [same operation X10Pro Label] and a digital thermostat together.
Set the Powerflash to Input B [Dry Contact Trigger]; Mode 3 [Send an On when contacts closed and an Off when contacts open] to the address of an installed Appliance Module
Thermostat in cool mode Powerflash on the common and cooing output contact.
When the thermostat set point was lowered below the room temperature the light went On. Cooling On.
When the thermostat set point was raised above room temperature the light went Off. Cooling Off.
My thermostat had a safety timer in it normally used to protect the cooling compressor from short restarts that could damage it. So mine if going from off to back on too quickly would indicate cooling was called for but the timer was holding if off for a safety start time.
Just set both the PF284 and the HD243 to the same address with the dials. I would try a different one than the default A1; only because many don't change them and you may have neighbors with X10.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 07:11:55 PM by Brian H »

runt

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »

OK keep us informed on progress.
As a test.
I connected a PF284 actually the X10Pro PSC01 model [same operation X10Pro Label] and a digital thermostat together.
Set the Powerflash to Input B [Dry Contact Trigger]; Mode 3 [Send an On when contacts closed and an Off when contacts open] to the address of an installed Appliance Module
Thermostat in cool mode Powerflash on the common and cooing output contact.
When the thermostat set point was lowered below the room temperature the light went On. Cooling On.
When the thermostat set point was raised above room temperature the light went Off. Cooling Off.
My thermostat had a safety timer in it normally used to protect the cooling compressor from short restarts that could damage it. So mine if going from off to back on too quickly would indicate cooling was called for but the timer was holding if off for a safety start time.
Just set both the PF284 and the HD243 to the same address with the dials. I would try a different one than the default A1; only because many don't change them and you may have neighbors with X10.

i have a PF284 and HD243 ordered on ebay for $14 + shipping.  and my choice of digital thermostats from my dad ;)

new_guy24

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 03:52:46 PM »

hi im new to these forums. I just recently moved to puerto rico and they have those ac units that are plugged into the 20amp outlets and theres no thermostat on it. I was wondering since there is a standard 15amp outlet right next to the ac unit, if it was possible for me to use a 15amp wall outlet thermostat like the LuxPro PSP300 Programmable Thermostat and then plug the 20 Amp Heavy Duty Module (HD245) on top of that and plug my AC unit on top of that. thanks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:03:24 PM by new_guy24 »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.