Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MAJOR BUG in v 3.228  (Read 35215 times)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: MAJOR BUG in v 3.228
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 01:26:22 AM »

I figured it out!

I have my Regional Settings (Control Panel>Regional and Language Options) set to a "custom" date format (yyyy-mm-dd).  Setting this to the US default corrects the problem.

I can now fix my timers, but I suggest X10 fix their program!

Paul

Very helpful!    #:)

Now, can anyone else who has upgraded confirm this?

Any takers?   >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

paul warshawsky

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 07:18:27 AM »

Tuicemen,

Actually my date settings were not affected by the update (my date format has always been set to yyyy-mm-dd) but rather having this setting seems to confuse the AHP software and make it incapable of properly handling Start and End dates.  If I change to the US default (I date format that I dislike...) then the software works fine.  My plan is to change my date format, correct all the "January 1 to January 1" modifiers in my timers, save the file and then change my date format back again.

I'm wondering if someone is willing to try reproducing this bug to confirm that this is the issue.

Paul

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »

Doesn't Canada use the same time zones as the US?  Other than the DST dates may be different due to the stupid US Congress that moved them as an "energy saving" thing. The only thing DST does is to shift daylight hours from the morning to the evening hours.  If the 3.228 version doesn't like the Canadian time and likes the US,  use it. If the CM15 is hooked up to the PC, it gets it's time from Windows.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

paul warshawsky

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 10:55:37 PM »

Dan,

Yes Canada uses the same time zones, and even the dates of DST are generally the same.  I'm talking about the date FORMAT (particularly what Windows refers to as the short date.)  To me today is 2008-06-12.  While this is not universally accepted as the standard format in Canada it is the ISO 8601 standard.  This is primarily because dates can be sorted as text when displayed in this format, and in general quantities are given with the larges unit first (e.g 12 lbs, 6 oz.)

This setting (in Settings>Regional and Language Options) affects how a date is displayed (in short date format) throughout windows.   It affects the format of dates in any application that taps into the Windows default format.

Clearly the format that I chose to display dates in should not affect the function of the software!

Paul 

PAULF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 12:08:13 AM »

VISTA does not like the new upgrade at all.  Had to remove and reload old version and now everything works again.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 08:35:58 AM »

VISTA does not like the new upgrade at all.  Had to remove and reload old version and now everything works again.

How about giving some particulars, not just saying it won't work.  A good friend of mine runs 3.228 on Vista with no problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tjosan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »

Tuicemen,

Actually my date settings were not affected by the update (my date format has always been set to yyyy-mm-dd) but rather having this setting seems to confuse the AHP software and make it incapable of properly handling Start and End dates.  If I change to the US default (I date format that I dislike...) then the software works fine.  My plan is to change my date format, correct all the "January 1 to January 1" modifiers in my timers, save the file and then change my date format back again.

I'm wondering if someone is willing to try reproducing this bug to confirm that this is the issue.

Paul

I'm using version 3.233 and I have exactly the same problem. Changed to US standard and it works fine.

Rambeaudoin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »

I had the exact same problem, living in Québec (french speaking province) so my regional settings were set to french canadian, I changed them to US standard and everything is fine now, for that matter anyway...

AHP is a very lousy software that can be "managed", but when will programmers be assigned to HEAR what users are reporting and TRY to get it right?

I'm up for the challange... Make me an offer...

Phil

david546

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 08:06:06 AM »

This is interesting.  When I updated to 3.228 I had no problems what so ever and I'm running Xp sp3.  Must be other peoples computer downloading problems?  Are U using dial-up or DSL?  I find that most people that have problems downloading, streaming, etc are the cause of not using High Speed Internet Services.  Telephone lines are not all that. 
I seem to have no problems with any of this as long as Comcast is not having a problem whereas other people I talk to have this problem and that problem.  I guess these are the reasons that keep me from going to anything less than what I have now.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.