Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ATTENTION: Beta Testers needed for ALL NEW X10 RF iconRemote!  (Read 57333 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: ATTENTION: Beta Testers needed for ALL NEW X10 RF iconRemote!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »

I don't know what the cost of the new IR 27A will be, but in my case, I will be purchasing several.

We have about 89 modules running the house, and I have Palm Pads with metal washers hot glued in the House Code wheel, scattered randomly about the house so I can switch house codes to control all the "main" modules. The problem is most of my brain juice has either dried up or leaked out, so who can remember the HC/UC of the 20-30 modules that I try and control on a regular basis using a Palm Pad(?).

This new IR27A is great, as it allows me create an "on screen" name for each module, an icon depicting what the module is controlling, and then segregate modules to rooms of the house. SA-WEET!!!

The situation of Palm Pads with washers,  and printed Excel spreadsheets listing modules, module locations, module address, etc. scattered around the house is now obsolete. WAF is 20 dB higher.  rofl

X10 #:)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »

This new IR27A is great, as it allows me create an "on screen" name for each module, an icon depicting what the module is controlling, and then segregate modules to rooms of the house. SA-WEET!!!

Not only is the Icon the BY FAR coolest best way to control X10..... it does TV's and stuff too!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 03:34:42 PM »

Question:  Will it control via a RR501 transiever?   That's not listed in Brandon's original post announcing the  ALL NEW X10 RF iconRemote!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 05:07:13 PM »

Question:  Will it control via a RR501 transiever?   That's not listed in Brandon's original post announcing the  ALL NEW X10 RF iconRemote!
Yes, it transmits X10 RF on the 310MHz channel used by TM751, RR501, and CM15A.  It can also can transmit entertainment  equipment commands on the same frequency the X10 Powermid System uses, so you can use it to control equipment in a closed door cabinet,etc.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »

Please folks, you cant do this to the rest of us. We are drooling with every word we read about how "Great" and "Sweet" "I would even buy two or more". I say KEEP TO YOUR SELF, If any of you have a drop of passion to all the newbies and such whom can only dream of that one day being able to open our freshly received package with our own remotes. So to avoid us having to resort contacting your wives to carry out some form of disciplinary act  >*< of seperating you from your new remotes. Keep the comments short. No words of passion about your personal  new attractions. Technical info only please or else.
BaBaLou
 >!
PS. Does it come in a variety of skin colours ? rofl
 #:)

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »

Please folks, you cant do this to the rest of us.  So to avoid us having to resort contacting your wives to carry out some form of disciplinary act  >*< of seperating you from your new remotes. Keep the comments short. No words of passion about your personal  new attractions. Technical info only please or else.
BaBaLou

BaBaLou,
Point well made.  I am truly sorry for overstepping the bounds of polite and courteous geekness.  And I have not been completely truthful in my exuberant accolades. Certain criticisms I have withheld, not wanting to jade the acceptance of the new ultimate remote.... I want you to know that I do have complaints about the unit. For example: I find the hue of the red color used on the "Quick Power Button", somewhat objectionable. rofl
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:20:53 PM by dave w »

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »

about time somebody started talking about the thing. too bad Walt and I didn't get picked. at least we got some conversation started about it. that's what a beta test is all about. tell us about it.

svcguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 09:49:30 PM »

Any indication as to when the drooling public can get thier hands on this thing? :'

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

hey x10. at least give me half off when it comes out. i will give you feedback.

guyfromunion

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 09:54:27 PM »

I would love to have a chance to check out the icon remote
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.