Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Tuicemen's Place (city residence)  (Read 109006 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Tuicemen's Place (city residence)
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2017, 09:04:38 AM »

..... It was stated you could drop the "A" and just use "Lexa" users stated they had a better response.
...... I'll be testing the Lexa attention word.

The [modified] Lexa attention word worked fine with my DOT.
I've been trying to use Lexa instead of Alexa However I sometimes catch my self saying Alexa :-[
Funny that's when she fails to respond. ::) :'
I have yet to get a failed response using Lexa, however I expect that will come. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2017, 10:28:13 AM »

I've been trying to use Lexa instead of Alexa However I sometimes catch my self saying Alexa :-[

I am surprised at just how sloppy I can be with pronunciation and even correct terms/words I can be with Alexa.

I can ask for my "flash briefing"... the correct term. Or I can ask for my "flash brief' or my 'morning briefing'... and I still get my 2 minutes of headline news followed by my local weather (and mini forecast). My voice recognition percentages would have to fractionally short of 100%. Maybe 99.85%. And I haven't even voice trained this thing.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2017, 11:04:30 AM »

I am surprised at just how sloppy I can be with pronunciation and even correct terms/words I can be with Alexa.

I can ask for my "flash briefing"... the correct term. Or I can ask for my "flash brief' or my 'morning briefing'... and I still get my 2 minutes of headline news followed by my local weather (and mini forecast). My voice recognition percentages would have to fractionally short of 100%. Maybe 99.85%. And I haven't even voice trained this thing.
Same here.
lamp, light, lights it sees the same for me. I also haven't trained which gets me to wonder ::) Would my recognition be as successful if I voice trained?
I've been holding off training this as I'm afraid it may stop hearing my wife. But then she says I don't hear her sometimes either! rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »

........ I've been holding off training this as I'm afraid it may stop hearing my wife. But then she says I don't hear her sometimes either! rofl

My wife uses Alexa to play music on the Bluetooth speaker in the kitchen. She really has welcomed the DOT. I was a little surprised.

According to that book I bought (if I remember correctly)... even trained... Alexia will recognize all voices. Which is handy... and something to remember as a caution. Although my garage door is on-line... and I can control it by phone from anywhere. I won't allow Alexia to control it as I wouldn't want someone to be able to holler in an open window to open the garage door.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »

I renamed my PC Alexa since my Dot can't hear me in the office.
I've also kept the PC speaker set as the Dot. I like the added info the dot now supplies from the PC.
I managed to get the PC voice from PCC sounding very much like Alexa using the rate and pitch adjustments. This helps when Alexa only responds with an OK the PC can give extra details for things triggered with Alex10.
A new Airsight XX51A now sits beside my Dot which I hope to control via Alexa in the future. I'm not sure if that's where it will stay but it is cool to be able to connect to the camera and send voice commands to Alexa threw it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »

.... A new Airsight XX51A now sits beside my Dot which I hope to control via Alexa in the future. I'm not sure if that's where it will stay but it is cool to be able to connect to the camera and send voice commands to Alexa threw it.

I've thought of the future facial recognition capabilities and Alexa. I also noticed a bracket being sold on Amazon to wall mount the DOT. I am thinking of using a Hi-Res domed camera... mounted with the DOT... sharing a single wall mounting. It might look similar to this:

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2017, 12:57:34 PM »

........ I've been holding off training this as I'm afraid it may stop hearing my wife. But then she says I don't hear her sometimes either! rofl
According to that book I bought (if I remember correctly)... even trained... Alexia will recognize all voices. Which is handy... and something to remember as a caution. Although my garage door is on-line... and I can control it by phone from anywhere. I won't allow Alexia to control it as I wouldn't want someone to be able to holler in an open window to open the garage door.

The Echo team is working on speaker dependent voice recognition, so that not everyone would be able to order from Amazon, control lights, etc.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2017, 07:39:20 PM »

Including the person when they have a cold.   :'

HA Dave

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2017, 12:19:37 AM »

Including the person when they have a cold.   :'

Then Alexa says:  https://youtu.be/7qnd-hdmgfk

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »

I now have Alexa voice control of my Airsight XX51a. :)%  well at least telling it to go to pre-sets 1-8  ::) :'
I also have the option to voice control my Airsight XX70a to do the same.  8)
The code(included in Alex10 v1.5.3.1+) also will allow control of my Foscam or Easyn Fseries cams.  8)
However currently code only allows configuration for one camera.  :(
I most likely will add multi camera Alexa control to PCC in the future. ;)

I've read about the Echo team working on the Voice ID, and apparently having a cold won't affect it's ability to recognize. 8)
This actually has been in the works for some time. Google has also been working on this and is apparently on the new Samsung smartphones >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »

I updated my OP As I discovered there are several things listed I no longer use.
As well some newer things have replaced older software and hardware.
As many know I've been testing X10s new Wi-Fi module (WM100) with an android app(as yet unofficially named).
I've added that to my setup list as well. ;)
Over the summer I moved my RM Broadlink to the cottage and used it extensively there.
I liked it so much I picked up another for here. Since the WM100 is not Wi-Fi to RF the Broadlink fills that gap as well as Wi-Fi  to IR.
Since the  Broadlink can learn X10 security signals I can now turn ON/Off my X10 security system from anywhere. :)%
Maybe my security system will get used more now  rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »

I finally replace my X10 Powermids with the RM Bridge.
Since I was using Alexa mostly to control them anyways it wasn't a big to do using the IHC Alexa skill
I use Alexa's routines to turn on the TV and Cable box each morning which my wife is actually liking :)

I picked up a Google Home Mini hoping to integrate it into my HA setup but finding it a little more difficult.
I find myself saying "Alexa,..." instead of "OK(or hey) Google..."  :-[
I've yet to integrate my X10 setup with Google, some of my other Smart devices are not an issue if there is a Google  skill..
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2017, 06:02:13 PM »

.... I find myself saying "Alexa,..." instead of "OK(or hey) Google..."  :-[

I spend much of my adult life single.... and learned to call every woman I dated... "sweetheart". It saved me any embarrassment from using a wrong name. I would think..... Amazon, google, apple, and Microsoft would realize the need for a bachelor/generic name for these AI ladies.

https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:06:18 PM by HA Dave »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »

I'm starting to like Google home more and more.
I created a small web request listener app to enable Google Home control of my X10 devices (SmartCloud)
This allows me to use the Samsung SmartThings app (no physical hub required) and skill.
It also allows for IFTTT control of my x10 devices.
I don't use my WM100 (x10 WiFi module and app) as much now as I've added Alexa and Google voice control to my Smartphone.
It is much easier to say turn on XXX then looking for it in the app. ::) :'
I suspect the WM100 will get much more use when and if an Alexa or Google skill is released.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2018, 07:14:29 AM »

Today I finally got Cortana working on my PCs  :)%
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29980.msg171095#msg171095
I updated my OP to reflect the voice assistances I now have in use here.
Yes I use 4 though I may move away from ussing PCC as she is a bit limited when comes to Cortana and the bing search engine.
PCC is more powerfull right now for HA but I suspect that will change, most likely this year.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.