Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Not triggering devices  (Read 3218 times)

magicmarker1979

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Not triggering devices
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »

I have set up my AHP and devices with house code E, and have the following;

E1- landscape lights
E2- Front Porch lights
E3- Living room lights.

I have two timers set up:

E1- On at dusk, off at 11:30pm - This one works great with no issues (using 2 pin appliance modules)
E2- On at dusk, off at 1:00am- This one will not trigger the switch, however, the remote will manually. I have checked and verified the code settings and everything looks normal and correct. (Dimmable wall switch). When I open AHP, the module status says that it is turned on, but it's not.  When I turn them on manually, the AHP DOES turn them off at the correct time.

Is there something I'm missing?

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
Re: AHP Not triggering devices
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »

Had the same thing. I had to tell AHP that it was lamp module not a wall switch.

Just a bug in the software
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »

:-X Sorry I told it that it was a appliance module. so AHP could not dim it. But maybe the lamp module will work!!
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:28:49 PM »

Magic,
Welcome to the forums.
Try changing the settings in your AHP to "issue an 'on'" instead of "bright 100%" and let us know if this helps you out.
Also, you can catch some great experts online at www.bdshost.com/ac who'd be glad to chime in!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

magicmarker1979

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 06:17:30 PM »

Thank you to both- I will give that a try- however I am having difficulty finding where to issue an "on" vs a 100% brightness.

Mark

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »

Thank you to both- I will give that a try- however I am having difficulty finding where to issue an "on" vs a 100% brightness.

Mark

It's under the Tools menu then Preferences... then the Macro Options tab.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

magicmarker1979

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 05:58:28 PM »

I made the module a lamp module instead of the wall switch that it is. I also made the change to issue an ON instead of a 100% bright.  Still no luck, but it seems that it is only the timers. If I trigger the light manually on AHP or with the remote it works fine. As far as making it an appliance module, i am hessitant only because I do not want to loose the dimming capability-

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »

I have had the same type problem. Try reprogramming E-2 to E-3 and E-3 to E-5 I have found for whatever reason sequential numbering has been a problem with timer settings in my case I think because I use motion sensors on/off commands so much.  I have managed to get 6 wall switches programmed and working it took about a week of troubleshooting also you must have a min of 40W bulbs for the wall switch to work properly I found this out the hard way mine are PLW01 if this is the same one you have?

Boiler

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »

I made the module a lamp module instead of the wall switch that it is. I also made the change to issue an ON instead of a 100% bright.  Still no luck, but it seems that it is only the timers. If I trigger the light manually on AHP or with the remote it works fine. As far as making it an appliance module, i am hessitant only because I do not want to loose the dimming capability-

magicmarker,

A couple of additional possibilities -

1) After selecting the "issue ON instead of 100% bright", you must manually download to the interface.  Curiously, AHP does not prompt you to do this.  You can check the type of command being sent in "activity monitor":

The sequence -
Transmit E2
Transmit E Bright 100%
  - Indicates a series of bright commands are being sent (takes ~ 5 seconds).

When the "ON" selection is downloaded to the interface, this will appear as -
Transmit E2
Transmit E ON

2) A second possibility is that you have one of the "new" wall switch modules.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, they have some nice features.  Unfortunately, they do not play well with the "standard" switch interfaces in AHP.

To check this, redefine you unit as a LM14a 2-way lamp module.  Turn the switch on by moving the slider to 100% bright.
In response, you'll see the following extended code in activity monitor:

Transmit E2 extended code d2 31

If your lamp turns on, you have a "new" version module.  By using the LM14a interface you should be set.

Boiler

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.