Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)  (Read 352270 times)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2007, 12:42:08 AM »

So i've stepped over into the dark-side! or the bright side I should say! What a great intuitive program. And so much fun I just started using it last night. I cannot wait to explore all of the possibilites and probasbly some possibilities that have y et to be thought up. Thank you Bill for giving us what every man needs.. A woman that actually listens and does what we tell it.. with little nagging.

Glad to hear you're having fun!   8)

Still haven't figured out how to get her to go to the fridge and get me a beer though (BVC or the wife)!   ;D
Yanno.... If you could get your hands on(or make) a drive thru bank tube sending thingy......from the fridge to where ever.....hmmmmmmm

Have to wait too long to open the beer though... gets messy otherwise!   ;D
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2007, 11:11:13 AM »

You guys! Kate.... er.. BVC couldn't come close to doing all the wonderful things my wife does for me. BVC can't shop.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2007, 02:56:13 PM »

You guys! Kate.... er.. BVC couldn't come close to doing all the wonderful things my wife does for me. BVC can't shop.

That is true.... How the heck would we get the beer  and snacks in the house in the first place ..if it were not for our wives shopping.... ;D
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2007, 02:15:34 AM »

The (silently read in the background) info is saved as a WAV file. I selected to save the WAV file in BVC's audio file (but can be saved anywhere). New updates (my setup updates every 30 minutes) write-over the previously saved files.

Then in BVC's Custom Commands, I setup the command of "temperature" to turn ON (house/unit code) G5. Then in BVC's Listener I set BVC to play the (fore-mentioned) WAV file when BVC hears G5 ON.

I have saved the file but am not getting it to play when i say the weather command. I havent created a macro in AHP for this jsut a custom command that plays the wav file.. but it doesnt play. am I doing something wrong?
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

HA Dave

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2007, 10:37:59 AM »

I have saved the file but am not getting it to play when i say the weather command. I havent created a macro in AHP for this jsut a custom command that plays the wav file.. but it doesnt play. am I doing something wrong?

Be sure you "save" your custom command (in BVC) as well....

I have (at times) forgotten to save my settings in BVC, that could cause your problem. Closing BVC should produce a nag screen reminding you of any saves needed.

I only use the extra step to make the weather announcement available via a palmpad remote.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:40:08 AM by Dave_x10_L »

dahur

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2007, 11:04:58 AM »

Mine wouldn't play either, until I moved the file from BVC's "Sample files", to "Audio files". Seems that when I saved to BVC from the Weather Aloud output, it went to the sample files, and it wouldn't play from there.

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »

It works now I hgad to remnnistall the trial version but i got it going.. THat's awesome! now if I can just get it to read the sports scores

HA Dave

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »

.................. now if I can just get it to read the sports scores

That would be NewsAloud. <link
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 09:30:54 AM by Dave_x10_L »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2007, 03:49:38 AM »

*** BVC Version 0.1.0.1 update released! ***
Changes:
  • Corrected a BUG   :-[  in Custom Commands where if you created multiple Custom Commands with the same "trigger phrase" (which should all execute in the order you created them in when BVC "hears" the "trigger phrase") all worked as expected until you asked it to send an X10 command... at that point, the remaining Custom Commands that should have been triggered would not be.
  • Listeners that send X10 signals in response to a received X10 or IR signal now save whether to send the signal by RF or PLC correctly.

Get the update in the usual place at:  http://www.wgjohns.com/bvc.htm
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

HA Dave

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2007, 10:35:29 AM »

*** BVC Version 0.1.0.1 update released! ***

Even though I had NOT noticed any of the problems mentioned.... I updated my BVC. While I was spending a little "quality time" with my HA computer I even added a couple NEW listeners, and used the respond with RF only command. Works great!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2007, 08:35:17 PM »

new version rocks!  I use it now to call a custom command "lights out" and it turns off multiple modules without adding a macro to my AHP. Thanks Bill!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »

new version rocks!  I use it now to call a custom command "lights out" and it turns off multiple modules without adding a macro to my AHP. Thanks Bill!

Cool!   8)

Glad it finally works right, and thanks for pointing it out to me.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

essp2003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »

Cool!   8)

Good job Bill!
By the way, have you read or have any opinions about Telsa, the AC inventor and proponent of wireless distributed energy?

Thanks   ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 12:12:38 PM by essp2003 »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2007, 09:07:05 PM »

Cool!   8)

Good job Bill!
By the way, have you read or have any opinions about Telsa, the AC inventor and proponent of wireless distributed energy?

Thanks   ;D

Of course I've read about Tesla!   ::)

IMHO, a genious well ahead of his time.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

HA Dave

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2007, 06:37:12 PM »

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a new and fun way to use BVC (This is the holiday season and guests always want to see my HA improvements).

OK... those squeamish about NON-X10 home automation should look away... while I type the remainder of this.

The (maybe original) HA device is available this time of year (mostly in drug stores) as a gift item. Of course... I am talking about the CLAPPER.

Those that know me... also know I've been joking about the clapper for some time now. I have even taught my Kate 16 (AKA seven of nine) to sing the "Clapper song" on request. Of course... lately when I ask her to sing the clapper song... she replies: "yeah-right... pull my finger". Kate gets more like a wife everyday.

So what does a CLAPPER have to do with BVC (or AHP or even X10)? Well I am not going to walk around the house slapping MY hands against each other!

I have a lamp on an end-stand beside my favorite easy-chair. But because of it's strategic location... my wife has refused to allow me to automate it. No push buttons or voice commands for that lamp. But she can't refuse a clapper... what would be the reason... she can't find her hands late at night?

Now all I have to do is record a WAV file of both a single and a double clap (I got the Clapper PLUS). And then teach Kate (BVC) to respond to my request to: "Turn on my lamp" by playing the appropriate WAV file. The Clapper should hear the clap/WAV and turn ON/OFF my lamp. This is serious FUN with Home Automation.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 02:11:56 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.