Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)  (Read 352255 times)

bzellinger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) (Visual BASIC version)
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »

Regarding the WeatherAloud program - I can't seem to find the outputted wav file. I have the output folder sent to my desktop and I get nothing. Can anyone help?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2009, 08:27:58 PM »

Regarding the WeatherAloud program - I can't seem to find the outputted wav file. I have the output folder sent to my desktop and I get nothing. Can anyone help?

Hummm. Not sure why it isn't showing on your desktop. Are you sure your saving a file? The file should be named something "summary1.wav". I save my wav file directly to the BVC audio folder (C:/program files/wgjohns.com/user data/audio files).

The WeatherAloud program isn't the most user friendly program I've ever used. Even though I've used it for a couple years... I don't feel as I know it very well. You could email or call the WeatherAloud support.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »

Regarding the WeatherAloud program -

Running Weather Aloud with BVC? See this tutorial by Knightrider at Bills forum:  http://wgjohns.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=158

HA Dave

« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »

I have many critters that feel at home in my yard... many feel free to dine on my yard. I enjoy the wildlife... but the damage done is more than a nuisance.. its costly. The other day I placed an EagleEye near a planting that is being destroyed by a snacking deer. Then I set a  BVC listener to be triggered by the Motion Sensor... and simply tell me that the little tree was possibly being eaten.

I have never failed to smile... after Voice Commanding on [or off] a light, or controlling a Ninja mounted camera using BVC (sometimes I actully giggle). But the most functional part of BVC has been... for me.. the announcements.

I do use a couple chimes! I have one in the bedroom that chimes when the perimeter detection system is triggered. And I have one in the garage.. that will let me know if I trigger the DS7000. I also use a little RED C5 Christmas light... and a small light in a lantern.. both as X10 triggered visual warnings.

But even if I didn't use the Voice Command part of BVC the voice (or wav file warnings), the listeners, and other added functions.. and of course the announcements really makes the program indispensable
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:21:18 PM by Dave_x10_L »

HA Dave

« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »

Over at Bill's new forum.... I was recently asked about my "follow me" command/macro. When I replied... I got the idea that maybe.. I could just upload the ahx file. Well that works at Bills forum... although that feature seems to be disabled here.

It's a great feature! I deleted all devices, timers and other macros... leaving ONLY the follow me macros and the devices required. Anyone can download the ahx file... change to house/unit codes to ones that they would use... and test the macro at their location. Then if they like the follow me macro: just click "file" (top left) and select "merge" the new file is then merged to the (selected) current ahx file.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »

*** BVC Version 0.2.0.8 update released! ***
Changes:
  • Corrected some problems installing and running on Windows Vista with User Account Control enabled.
  • Corrected the issue where BVC couldn't recognize or link to AHP, (and so couldn't control X10 devices), on 64 bit versions of Windows.

Get the update in the usual place at:  http://www.wgjohns.com/bvc.htm

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »

I have hesitated to mention my BVC Fan Site for some time now. All my Sites including the Fan Site had been hosted for "free" by Yahoo's geocities. However those Sites disapear Oct 26th. Today I bit the bullet (sorta speak) and rented my space.

It may take some time to get everything back up to speed.

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2009, 03:48:18 AM »

I'm trying out BVC now.  Cool stuff.  :)

Question:  After a few minutes while just sitting idle, it would flash a message saying something like it has reached maximum number of executions or something like that and must shut down.

Is that normal? 

Thanks,
eagle

HA Dave

« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:19 PM »

Question:  After a few minutes while just sitting idle, it would flash a message saying something like it has reached maximum number of executions or something like that and must shut down.
Is that normal? 

No not normal at all. My setup runs for weeks at a time between restarts. I don't know what warning you may have received. Often windows warnings contain a set of numbers (and letters). Then.. that can then be searched... and the exact problem known. If you get it again... the exact warning.. might have more information.

jrwhit

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2009, 12:19:50 AM »

eagle,
If you are just trying out BVC, may I assume you are using the trial version and not the paid version? The trial version does come up with a nag screen after an allotted time period and shut itself down. This is to encourage you to buy the full version, which doesn't have a time limit. Not sure if this is what you're seeing but looks familiar from when I was trying the trial version.

eagle

« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2009, 01:17:02 AM »

Thanks Dave and jrwhit.

Yes, I have the trial version.  I want to make sure it runs fine on the HA pc without any issues before getting the full version.

Here's the message I get:

----

Trial Version runtime limit exceeded.  BVC must shutdown.  Please click "Okay" and save your settings.

----

There is one thread on BVC that talked only about a nag to upgrade but nothing about the system shutting down.  That's why I thought I'm seeing a system error vs. an upgrade nag.

If the message I'm getting is an upgrade nag, then I'll presume that the program is working properly.

Yes?  No?

Thanks,
eagle

HA Dave

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »

----
Trial Version runtime limit exceeded.  BVC must shutdown.  Please click "Okay" and save your settings.
----

.... The trial version does come up with a nag screen after an allotted time period and shut itself down.

That does make sense eagle. But I must admit... I haven't tested Bill's trial version. I know it was tested.. but not by me. I've been using BVC since back when it was BXVC (2006?). Although I've used a few different updates I've never tried the trial.

I've seen a couple people with wood and title floors AND small children... that have difficulty with noise issues. And some people need a little assistant with setup. But I have never seen anyone who wanted to use BVC have any problem that would have kept them from doing so.

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2009, 11:36:30 AM »

Eagle,

Yes, that is the trial version "nag".  It will go away once you donate and go to the full version.  Looks like everything is working right.  Go play and enjoy!  ;D

eagle

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »

Thanks Dave and ITGuy.

Off I go to get the full version.  :)

r,
eagle

eagle

« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2009, 01:14:06 AM »

Made the donation for the nag-free full version.  :)

Thanks Bill for a wonderful program.

r,
eagle
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.