Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Installation Problems with wireless cameras/video receiver/transceiver  (Read 5550 times)

dckmiec

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

My question is regarding the x10 4 camera system. Here is my question! ..... I have hooked up all four cameras. I have tried to view the cameras via tv using the remote but I can only get one camera to show, even when I press the other camera buttons on the remote.  I have plugged in the transceiver and even changed from A to B to C and D house code settings with no luck. I do not have grounded outlets and my outlets seem to be reversed, (meaning) the packs get plugged in up side down, so I even tried to plug the transceiver upside down with the antenna facing up. I just bought this system. Can you please help?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Are all four in the same group? Cameras work in groups of four. Same House Code and Unit 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. Basically you send an on to the one the other three should go off. The on off is sent  to the addressable power supplies for the cameras, It almost sounds like you have a power line signal problem.
Since the camera defaults to on; when powered up. Do they interfere with each other if more then one is connected before you try a camera button on the remotes?

dckmiec

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Brian,
   Yes they all are hooked up on one house code (for example A)  and then each camera is assigned there designated number ie: 1,2,3,4. I usually can get one camera to work very good, but then when I plug another one in, I get a lot of static and interference on the tv.  It only shows the one camera, the first one that was plugged in.  the remote does not allow me to switch to different cameras, but it still works, because while one camera is on, it can control the ninja on the other camera, but not the camera itself.  Do you have any other suggestions.  I was told it might be a bad transceiver too.   ???

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

Just'a thought.

Phase Coupler?

Transceiver signal not getting to camera power supplies plugged in on a different circuit?

I found this out when doing an install (poormans motion activated sprinklers).

Transceiver plugged in at the 'back' of the house would
not trigger a module plugged in at the 'front' of the house.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.