Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Total Rookie X10 success story.  (Read 3119 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Total Rookie X10 success story.
« on: June 28, 2008, 10:23:49 PM »

I have a two car garage. My wife has a trailblazer and parks on the right which is on the side where my small work bench is. She pulls in so far that she never leaves me room to work or walk. Sometimes she has even tagged the camping gear stored under the workbench. We could'nt swap sides cause she likes to get out of the car in the center as to not have to step around the mower, rakes etc...  ::)

I rigged up a x10 motion detector and fire off a light right in front of her car when she is in far enough in and shalts come no further.  -:)

Ahh finally, walking space in front of her car. It's been years. 
I have her using x10 in the bedroom for the lamps too.  ;D

:Ron
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:44:28 PM by bitman »
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Total Rookie X10 success story.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 06:53:35 AM »

I just have to ask, "How did you get the MS to trigger "exactly" where you wanted it to?  And even though using X10 stuff to do things is fun, why not the simple "hang a tennis ball" solution?  Since my wife doesn't read these threads, I can say that if I relied upon X10 to detect the exact spot AND then turn on a light, there'd be a hole in my garage. rofl
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

zach1234

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »

I saw this device that uses a Laser to pin point the correct space. I like the traffic light box thing that lets you know when to STOP.

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 09:23:23 PM »

The tennis ball thing: I wanted to but did not get around to it and then there would be this tennis ball hanging there all the time.

Repeatability: I got this idea from a tips and trick site http://www.hometoys.com/tips.htm The guy said to mount the sensor on it's side
so I did. If you to creep up on it it's very very (no surprisingly) repeatable in terms of where the front of the car ends up. The fun part is finding the spot for the MD. I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what I was up to, backing out of the driveway. waiting 1 minute for the MD to reset then driving in to test the position. over and over and over and over until I found it.
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.