Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unhappy with Eagle Sensor  (Read 48316 times)

SteveStevens

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Unhappy with Eagle Sensor
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:29 AM »

Dave,

You are correct the camera does overwrite data when it is full, starting with first record.  It does not take pictures as such.  It records 20 seconds at a time and will start-stop again so you will get time stamps like 073020413.AVI, 0730400413.Avi, etc.

I forgot to mention the four audio settings too.  "You are trespassing!", "You are being records by a security camera", dog barking and OFF.  I have heard you can record your own sounds in one model, but not sure about this one  SmartGuard.com has more info, sorta.

Steve

crowntown

• Helpful Post Rating: -5
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

In my line of work, operating in a central monitoring station, we provide recorded video to law enforcement agencies all the time.  They love it when we catch someone in the act and can provide the evidence.  Especially when we get tag numbers or a perfect face shot.  We've even provided video of events taking place right outside of our building in a small business park since we have cameras mounted around our suite.  Along with dispatching the PD, we also dispatch armed private security on several of our video patrol accounts.

At home, my cameras start recording when the software detects motion.  I record them to hard drives and offsite storage.  I also receive a short(7 seconds.  up to 10 per event) video clip on my phone upon alarm signals.

I've been very pleased with the MS14As and plan to order some more this weekend.  I didn't have much hope for them before I got one.  The sensitivity and range is nice and the batteries last a LOT longer than I expected reading some past reviews.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

In my line of work, operating in a central monitoring station, we provide recorded video to law enforcement agencies all the time. 

I bet you need to be bonded (or is it bondable) for that kind of a job.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

crowntown

• Helpful Post Rating: -5
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 10:33:43 AM »

No need to be bonded but there are a few requirements.  Those requirements vary quite a bit from state to state.  In California you must obtain a license from the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.  To do so requires your fingerprints ran through the FBI NCIC computers to make sure you have no criminal record.  There's a few more requirements if you want to have a firearm (in case the central station comes under attack as we monitor many banks and other high-profile accounts) and other various license classes. 

The armed private security personnel may need to be bonded but I'm not sure on that.  In some areas of California the local law enforcement is so overwhelmed or understaffed that armed private security operates as quasi-police in some jurisdictions.  They even share radio frequencies with the local law enforcement and take people into custody (citizens arrest).  We dispatch a few units that operate that way.  I would think they'd need to be bonded.

Uncle Tom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »

I have tried using X10 sensors of various models over the years with poor results.  Either to sensitive or signal won't even travel 25 ft. to a reciever, etc.  Also the wireless camera resolution is so poor it requires that a vehicle license plate or persons face would have to be within 15 feet of camera.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.