Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Iwatchout video input flexibility.  (Read 8551 times)

Its_me

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Iwatchout video input flexibility.
« on: July 03, 2008, 09:40:38 AM »

Hi. I really like the X10 automation stuff. Anyway, The picture quality I get with the video plugins is not good however. It appears as though the VA11A adapter is sucking the quality of the camera away when I use it as the input device (with other software). I switch back to my hauppage video card and the picture quality is good again. I dont see anywhere in Active home pro where I can choose my own video input source.

I would love to see the Iwatchout plugin accept video input from the source you select, as I do not currently use the video features due to the degraded picture.

Is there any chance of this happening in future updates? I realize that addressing multiple cameras would require some custom switching.

Maybe I have a bad VA11A? Anyone else notice the picture quality being degraded through the VA11A?

Thank You.

javawizard2539

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Agreed
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »

Agreed. This would be some useful functionality to have. In my case, it's because I somehow lost my X10 video adapter, and I don't currently have the budget to buy a new one, but I have two other adapters lying around that I could use.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.