Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPT keypads  (Read 3691 times)

tjkupp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XPT keypads
« on: August 02, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »

Does anybody know if these keypads (which plug into the XPT module) are anything more than simple switches?
Thanks!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: XPT keypads
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »

Does anybody know if these keypads (which plug into the XPT module) are anything more than simple switches?
Thanks!

The various keypads snap into the XPT, they are not switches in an electrical sense. They simply make it easier to use the XPT. 

Go to http://www.x10pro.com/pro/pdf/xpt.pdf for a full description in a .pdf file of the XPT.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:19:47 PM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tjkupp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 11:05:55 PM »

Thanks!

The various keypads snap into the XPT, they are not switches in an electrical sense. They simply make it easier to use the XPT. 

Go to http://www.x10pro.com/pro/pdf/xpt.pdf for a full description in a .pdf file of the XPT.

I understand that they do not switch the AC directly, but are they simple switches which just short the appropriate contacts of the XPT to perform their designated functions< or do they contain some sort of electronics of their own?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:49:36 AM »

The keypads make it easier to use.   The XPT operates fine regardless of how it it is operated, locally or by software.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 04:39:06 PM »

Thanks!

I understand that they do not switch the AC directly, but are they simple switches which just short the appropriate contacts of the XPT to perform their designated functions< or do they contain some sort of electronics of their own?

tjkupp
I will offer a WAG:
If you have an XPT now, count the number of sockets in the connector. If there are nine, my bet is they are just low current switches. Four, two pole switches would need eight contacts plus the common.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.