Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A question about using the same flag (status 'set') in 2 conditions in one macro  (Read 11547 times)

dash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Hi

In a 'lights on' macro I am going to use 'flags 1 and 3 set' as one condition OR 'flags 1 and 2' set as the optional condition.

Will these behave OK? I have a concern that having 'flag 1 set' in both conditions may impact on the function of the macro.

Flag 1 sets upon dusk status on the second unit code of a PIR (this is designed to stop unwanted additional triggers if light level goes up and down from house lamps being operated).

Flag 2 sets in relation to timers on a dummy module such that the flag is set after a certain time on M,T,W,Th

Flag 3 sets in relation to timers on another dummy module such that the flag is set after a different time on F, Sa, Sun

These are there to prevent risk of heavy clouds/low daytime light from triggering the 'lights on' macro and to prevent lights coming on earlier than wanted in winter.

Your comments eagerly awaited !!

Dave
Automation is great - but really frustrating when it doesn't work as expected !!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28

Flag 1 sets upon dusk status on the second unit code of a PIR (this is designed to stop unwanted additional triggers if light level goes up and down from house lamps being operated).

I don't know if you were just being illustrative, but don't use Flags 1, 15, or 16.   >*<
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171

Will these behave OK? I have a concern that having 'flag 1 set' in both conditions may impact on the function of the macro.

There should be no problem with having 'flag 1 set' in both conditions since it is your requirement for the macro to execute. If you have any problems with the OR function, then you can try using an ELSE macro for the 2nd condition.

I don't know if you were just being illustrative, but don't use Flags 1, 15, or 16.   >*<

Not all of these flags are a concern any more (at least for all). This is probable due to various CM15A hardware and AHP software revisions. I use flags 1 & 15 on both my CM15As without any problems. I have seen flag 16 toggle on it's own when a macro is being executed, so I still avoid that one.

These flags may be best avoided until you have used up all others, but they can be used and just be aware that their reliability may vary from user to user.

dash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Thanks guys.

I'll give it a try (and will renumber the first flag, just to be on the safe side).

Dave
Automation is great - but really frustrating when it doesn't work as expected !!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.