Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interaction if same macro is triggered a second time by another input  (Read 5203 times)

dash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Another question (before I splash out on more hardware)...

If I activate a 'lights on' macro from a palmpad (which then triggers a series of lights to come on at set delays and dim levels), and then the same 'lights on' macro is activated automatically by the interface a few minutes later, what happens?

Does the second attempt to run the macro start the on/dim commands from scratch again, or is the second attempt ignored because the macro is already running?

Thanks...

Dave
Automation is great - but really frustrating when it doesn't work as expected !!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175

If I activate a 'lights on' macro from a palmpad ............................... and then the same 'lights on' macro is activated automatically by the interface a few minutes later, what happens?

Well unless you made provisions within your macro(s) it will repeat. However... you can add conditions to macros... so if the macro conditions have already been meet (.i.e ON) it doesn't RE-run. It doesn't require any new hardware... just some fore-thought with the macros.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Thanks.

I'll take that on board and reconsider my macros.

The extra hardware is for remote switching and is not being bought as any kind or workaround - I misled you !!

Dave
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:29:42 PM by dash »
Automation is great - but really frustrating when it doesn't work as expected !!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.