Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM19A and VB6 With SDK  (Read 7905 times)

technotommy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM19A and VB6 With SDK
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »

Hello.

We are having a problem with a custom application that we have created using the CM19A.

We are using the SDK and the ahscript.dll.  We know that we have to run a regsvr32 on the ahscript.dll at time of instillation of our custom application.  Everything works great on the computer that we are using to develop the custom application.  However, when we compile the application and install it on a virgin machine, the regsvr command fails.  The solution that we found was to install the SDK on the virgin machine, and then install our custom application.

So here is our question:  How can we get our software into the hands of others without them having to download and install the SDK on their machines?  Is there a dependency or another file that has to be installed/regsvr'd first?

Thank you kindly for your response.

cgc3iii

Re: CM19A and VB6 With SDK
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »

Are you using the package and deployment from Visual Studio to create a setup package?  If not then I would recommend using is to include the dependencies.  If so then there may be other dependencies that cannot be resolved or a sdk registry license entry that you could manually add to the setup package.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:53:32 PM »

I haven't tried it myself, but there is a file named "ahscript_setup.exe" in the folder "C:\Program Files\AHSDK\setup" that I believe is designed to include in an install and add all of the appropriate files and registry entries to all of the appropriate places.

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

technotommy

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

Are you using the package and deployment from Visual Studio to create a setup package?  If not then I would recommend using is to include the dependencies.  If so then there may be other dependencies that cannot be resolved or a sdk registry license entry that you could manually add to the setup package.

Hello CGC3II:

Thank you for your response.  We are using a package and deploy program called "Inno" by JRsoft.  Inno creates a setup.exe file from our Visual Basic 6 compiled program.  With it we can move files on an install, create registry elements, run regsvr.....basicly everything that Visual Studio does to create a setup package.  You mentioned to include the dependencies.  Is there a list of dependancies and and registry changes that we can view that the SDK does in its instillation process, so that we could manually enter all that into Inno?  This way our users could download and install our software without having to install the X10 SDK first.

Thank you kindly in advance for your reponse!

Rabbit

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:50:30 PM »

The solution is to use a COMPONENT in VB6 - ActiveHomeScript 1.0 Type Library!  ;D

Glad I could help, Tom.

>! ! Rabbit

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.