Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IR543 and universal remote question  (Read 4878 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
IR543 and universal remote question
« on: July 18, 2008, 01:20:15 PM »

I am about to set up an X10 setup in my moms house for her, and she has a IR543 to control things, as do I in my house, but i have a Logitech Harmony remote that has the X10 commands already, she does not.............how can I program a universal remote to work with her IR543?

Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: IR543 and universal remote question
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »

I am about to set up an X10 setup in my moms house for her, and she has a IR543 to control things, as do I in my house, but i have a Logitech Harmony remote that has the X10 commands already, she does not.............how can I program a universal remote to work with her IR543?

If.... her universal remote has the codes for X10 IR... enter the codes as per her universal remotes directions. If..... her remote doesn't have the codes... but can LEARN codes... use your harmony to teach her learning remote the codes. If.... her universal remote can nether learn.. nor does it have the codes Click Here.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: IR543 and universal remote question
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:25:15 PM »

If.... her universal remote has the codes for X10 IR... enter the codes as per her universal remotes directions. If..... her remote doesn't have the codes... but can LEARN codes... use your harmony to teach her learning remote the codes. If.... her universal remote can nether learn.. nor does it have the codes Click Here.

Oh crap.........Thanks man..............I didn't even think about using mine to "teach" hers.............man............ok, I will check to see if hers has that feature.

Thanks again.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.