Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Big Red  (Read 2305 times)

bbrick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Big Red
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:13:29 AM »

I want to use a Big Red panic button with AHP.  For 1 press, I want to have a macro that sends me an e-mail telling my wife is leaving or returning the house.  For a long press I want it to send me an E-mail that there is an emergency.  Does that sound feasible?  I have a SR731.

zach1234

Re: Big Red
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:11:14 AM »

I don't know if that is possable for it to send out two commands. I think it will send one addressable command. I would get the slim line switch, then you have 3 buttons "leave, home, HELP". It looks better and is better.

bbrick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »

Well I got the Big Red.

When you push the button momentarily it sends an "A5" (my unit code for it)  then a "A on"  as you keep the button down it sends a " A bright 5%", followed by "A dim 5%",  followed by a "A bright 5%", followed by "A dim 5%",  followed by a "A bright 5% ".  From then on it sends "A5" "A on" every second or so.  I'm going to try and figure out what to do with those.  At any rate it will work for leaving and coming.  I need to think about the emergency part.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:37:31 PM »

First push turns on a light or appliance module
The stream of bright and dims should cause a SH10A Siren Module to ding dong.
I believe the constant on signals triggers a SH10 to trigger with a shrieking sound.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.