Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nothing works on new PC  (Read 3808 times)

Friedhelm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nothing works on new PC
« on: July 20, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »

In the last month I run AHP with a cm 15A with my laptop and mostly it works propper. Yesterday I installed a new PC. I had saved the downloads when i bought it and also the activation codes. So I reinstalled it on the PC and the activation works good. I have 3.204. Now my macros did not work or work partial. So it switch on one wallswitch but not others. And also i can not update. when I click on it, the program shuts down and nothing happen. I work with vista. Now I loaded the macros from the laptop again and that works. But if I do it from the PC everything goes worth. Can somebody help please?  ???

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Nothing works on new PC
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »

Firstly, did you back up the .ahx files on the old PC and copy them to the Active Home Pro folder on the new PC, or start totally new?

Secondly, 3.204 has been supplanted by 3.228, so you should update.

Thirdly, something in your AHP installation on the new PC has gone wrong, so you should uninstall it and delete all folders it created (Active Home Pro and X10 (under Program Files/Common files) then reboot and reinstall.

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »

Thirdly, something in your AHP installation on the new PC has gone wrong, so you should uninstall it and delete all folders it created (Active Home Pro and X10 (under Program Files/Common files) then reboot and reinstall.

I have to agree with Dan on this ! ;)
Read Software problems version 3.228 for my experience with the update (it resulted in a fresh install of AHP to work)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 12:27:45 AM »

Friedhelm,

Question:  When you set AHP up on your new PC, did you plug the CM15A interface into the exact same electrical outlet as it was plugged into when you were using it with your laptop?   ???
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Friedhelm

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:13:36 AM »

Hi, first yes I have the cm15a in the same electrical outlet because the PC stand on the same place the laptop does before.
second, I have backed up the files and transferred to the PC
third, I would update but it does not work

Friedhelm

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 09:48:18 AM »

now i try to delete all active home parts and reinsall but nothing changed. have still the same problems. And can not update. >*<

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 12:16:34 PM »

Still sounds like your AHP installation is damaged.  Did you delete all the folders I mentioned in my post?

Uninstall again, this time DO NOT reinstall until you have deleted all the folders AHP created and you have rebooted.  Also, unplug the CM15A from the outlet, and remove its batteries before rebooting.

Once you have rebooted, before plugging the CM15 back in, replace the batteries.  Reinstall AHP. DO NOT  plug the CM15A in yet.  When the install is finished, plug in the CM15A and reboot the PC.  Once it reboots, open AHP, but do not load any .AHP file yet. Go into the Control Panel, check and make sure this is in the Hardware Configuration under USB Devices: x10 USB Active Home (ACPI Compliant) - That's the CM15A.

Now open AHP and load either MyHome.ahx or Samples.ahx (both have file dates in 2004.  See it you can control any module in them that has the same housecode as on of your modules.  DO NOT upload either file yet.  Clear the CM15A, then open one of your files, see if you can control them.  If so, upload it to the CM15 and see what happens.

Friedhelm

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

Hi Dan,

thanks for the advise but i have done the follow before I saw your massage. I deleted all files except the both last in X10. Windows dint let me delete this both. then i took the e-mail from the purchase and click on the link for the download. I did this and the plugins and activate new. With this i got the newest version of AHP and now all is running again. >!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »

Glad you were able to get up and running.  :)%

One thing that is strongly recommended is to back up your .ahx files to a different drive or flash disk every time you make a change.   

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.