Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V572RF32 and Security Remotes  (Read 3524 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
V572RF32 and Security Remotes
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »

I know the 572 will convert 32-bit signals from Security DEVICES like DS10a's, but has anyone been able to get the 572 to convert signals from Security REMOTES?  e.g., I want to see a B1-ON on the powerline when I press ARM on my keychain KR10A remote.  I get it captured, but nothing gets to the powerline...?
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: V572RF32 and Security Remotes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:40:17 PM »

PajamaGuy: I was able to get my V572RF32 to learn my security remotes. I have all my security sensors in the first group and all my security remotes in the second. It learned them just the same as it did the DS10As.

PajamaGuy

Stoopid Question Time...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 07:34:45 AM »

Puck - I believe you, so now I have to ask, are you sure?   ???  What do you see in the Activity Monitor when you press the ARM button of a KR10a?  How about Disarm?  Lights-ON?  Lights-OFF?

And if it is a Security Remote, what's the difference in PLC's when you press ARM-Home vs. ARM AWAY vs. DISARM?  What does it send for Security Lights?

I installed a KR10a, told it to transceive B3, (B3 is the KR10a's address in AHP) closed=ON, open=OFF.  It captured just fine, and the upload checksum was OK.  Pressing any of the buttons worked the DS7000, and the associated AHP macros (Triggering on a registered KR10a), but I got NO B3 PLC's of any kind.

PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Puck

• Advanced Member
Re: Stoopid Question Time...
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:41:52 AM »

Puck - I believe you, so now I have to ask, are you sure?   ??? 

Very sure! Been using my security remotes with it since last year when I purchased it. I get a PLC signal (e.g.) M1 OFF for DisArm and M1 ON for Arm. I have 6 remotes registered this way. I do not use the Security Lights ON / Security Lights OFF via AHP so I never looked at what they send or receive. Arm Home / Arm Away produce the same PLC. So when I Arm with the large security remotes, my AHP macros know that PLC is for arming in Home mode; arming with a keychain remote triggers arm Away mode macros.

And just so you know, my CM15As have their RF Receivers disabled and the only way they receive signals is via PLC; so my security remotes can only trigger macros by being transceived by the V572RF32.

PajamaGuy

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50:20 AM »

Hmmmmm - Thanks! - I'll work it more tonight.  I even had my spare CM15 plugged into the same outlet as the PSC05 - but got nothing on the Activity Monitor....   
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 10:12:26 AM »

Prior to purchasing mine, I emailed the manufacturer asking about security remotes, because they were not mentioned on their site for the V572RF32. They replied saying that they would not work. Initially I was not going to get one because this was my primary reason for wanting one, but I decided to anyways just to increase the reliability of my outside motion detectors.

When I got it I tried learning the arm button from a remote and to my surprise it worked. It did create an OFF for the Arm & an ON for the DisArm.

Unfortunately mine does not have a Version / Revision label for us to compare.

If you are not able to get your security remotes to work as I have, and if they ever come out with a firmware update, I think I'll pass on it just in case. I'll live with the occasional A11 storm (which now has a self correcting power cycle set up).

PajamaGuy

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »

I'm in contact with them - working on the storm - they hadn't heard of it before I emailed their support, and when I copied several others' posts from here duplicating it, they said they're investigating.  I put a AM466 in its path and trip it off for 30 seconds whenever there's an A1 PLC, but it hasn't tripped it yet (only been 2 days).

PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.