Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: read the posts and buy something else  (Read 28080 times)

Darkjin

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
read the posts and buy something else
« on: July 22, 2008, 01:24:52 PM »

read the posts about how many problems people have with x10 software running on anything and then shop somewhere else

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: read the posts and buy something else
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »

Actually I would venture to say of the X10 users that post here, most if not nearly all get their technical problems resolved. If fact it is rare for a truly new technical problem to pop up. The standard ones just pop up a little differently.

The only exception I'm aware of is the issue of the VA11A driver with Vista. X10 is still dragging their feet on that one.

X10 still remains the best home automation value for the money.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:36:07 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 02:42:16 PM »

read the posts about how many problems people have with x10 software running on anything and then shop somewhere else

In order to provide an accurate picture of the magnitude of people having problems, one would need to know the number of people in total that use X10 software.

That is hard to answer simply by reading the forum since it is primarily populated with posts from users who are having problems and seeking help. Unfortunately very few people just post to say that it works as expected.

Based on your first 2 posts, like steven r stated, Vista is an issue that X10 does need to deal with. But your statement above gives a misleading impression by generalizing all X10 software. It would be best to state the product of the topic so others know what you are referring to.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »

Based on your first 2 posts, like steven r stated, Vista is an issue that X10 does need to deal with. But your statement above gives a misleading impression by generalizing all X10 software. It would be best to state the product of the topic so others know what you are referring to.

As a side note what was purchased instead? every other forum I've been on all express issues with the other brands probably why there aren't the same number of bad reviews is the number of users actually running the other brands! :'
Vista continues to be a main pain in all software developers butts! ::)  >*<
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zach1234

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »

Well, x10 needs improvement on their support and knowledge for their own products. One employee didn't know what the Active home pro interface looked liked.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 10:23:43 PM »

Well, x10 needs improvement on their support and knowledge for their own products. One employee didn't know what the Active home pro interface looked liked.

Why would you say those things????????????
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »

Who did you talk to there?
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »

Well here is a newbies 2 cents to a newbie and ,old-bies? . 4 month into X10 and I cant enough. Like you Vista ripped me in two but whom isn't having some issue or another. Many manufactures both software and hardware to this date are still not 100% compatible with Vista not even Microsoft themselves, xp works perfect. AHP was almost a total right off for me but with this forum, I solved all my issues, it took many hours of reading this place inside out ,almost, but all my issues are solved and any that may arise have become easier to solve with great help here, by the way many of my issues were system setup and all the extras we all have running in the background, infact it help straight a few other thing for me by paying attention to my setup. Man you don't know what your missing and your imagination is your limit with automation -:). Give these folk a chance. remember there is no perfect system out there but if there was it will surly cost you a lot more, a hell of a lot more. Good luck.
PS. I take this chance to the senior members here. Thanks for all your help and fun wisdom and ideas  i(no joke, lol) keep the great job up. you got my support.  #:)
oh yeah, hows the new remotes coming along??????? cant wait.

now back to making up the next order, that makes it the fifth one in four month!!

zach1234

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 10:53:20 PM »

Better not to say, dont want the hands smacked.
Who did you talk to there?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.