Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4 camera system and Vanguard  (Read 19076 times)

jflynn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
4 camera system and Vanguard
« on: December 03, 2007, 06:40:40 PM »

I just purchased a "complete system" the other day and am having issues.  I can only get 1 camera to come up at a time while on vanguard.  If I have read the other postings correctly, this is because the cameras are NOT getting the off command.  Is this correct?  I am about to pull my hair out on this one.
This is what I bought as a packaged deal.
1   Wireless PC Transceiver   CM19A
1   Multi-Camera Instructions   IN47A
1   INSTRUCTION SHEET   IN53A
1   1 YEAR WARRANTY CERTIFICATE   IN76A
1   XCam2 Primer   IN80A
1   Security Surveillance Decal   MM022
1   Security Surveillance Window Yard sign   MM023
4   EagleEye Motion Sensor   MS14A
1   Small Wireless Transceiver   TM751
1   VCR Commander II   UX23A
1   Xray Vision USB Converter   VA11A
1   PAN AND TILT KIT   VK74A
1   Small Video receiver (no audio)   VR36A
2   XCAM2 Camera w/PS (XM13A)   XX16A
2   Wireless Night Watch B/W camera   XX20A

I know that i can't have all four streaming at the same time but I would realy like to get the cycle part working. thanks.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:44:05 PM by jflynn »

jflynn

Re: 4 camera system and Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 01:34:26 PM »

There is something seriously wrong with the Vanguard program.

After playing around with everything agian this morning, but not really changing anything, the system started to work.  All 4 cameras were cycleing through and the vanguard software was showing each in turn (I had it in scan mode) Then I rebooted the computer.  Now it is back to only showing one camera....help me please!

bhoffman67

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »

If in Vanguard, you went to the 4-camera view and expected to see live video streams from all 4 cameras, you might be disappointed because that is not possible (without that $200 multiple channel video receiver).  The receiver that comes with the package (I think you bought) allows for only one live feed at a time (regardless of camera mode in Vanguard).

Augus

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

Jflynn,
How you set your Vanguard to see all 4 cameras?
1 Wireless PC Transceiver (CM19A);
1 PAN AND TILT KIT (CR14A)
4 EagleEye Motion Sensor (MS14A)
1 Vanguard Control Center Software (SW26A)
1 Small Wireless Transceiver (TM751)
1 VCR Commander II (UX23A)
1 USB Video Capture Apapter (VA11A)
1 Pan & Tilt Base (VK74A)
1 Small Video Receiver (VR36A)
2 XCam2 Instant-On Camera (XX16A)
2 NightWatch Wireless Low-Light B/W Video Camera (XX20A)

gpgpw

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »

I am new to this but I am considering the 4 camera deal to monitor my shop I would not require live streaming but I would like motion detection with recording to a PC.
I am looking to record any unwanted entries and save the video files.
What powers the remote cameras? I am asking because I need them to be ready to record during closed hours which can be 8+
Can the system record from multiple cameras at once?
Does it sound like this system will work for my needs.
Thanks in advance

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »

Hi gpgpw and welcome to the forums,
I am not aware of an x-10 wireless camera system that records all cameras at the same time.  To do that you will probably need wired video to a multi-plug receiver.  Wireless cameras mean you do not require coax or cabling for video, you do have to have a power source generally an electrical plug, though there are battery operated cams but generally the battery life is very limited to 3-6 hours.  For security of your type you should probably stick to wired cameras for quality and do still images instead of video again because of quality.  You can utilize strategically placed motion sensors to turn on and off cameras and take still images as often as desired.  I have 8 wireless cams and use motion sensors to take stills of areas of activity as well as use Active Home pro to turn on lights in those areas at night.  If you are using this system at night, you will need pretty good lighting for good quality images and I personally like the regular color cams better than the night vision for 24hr pic quality.  For the price X-10 can probably provided you what you are looking for. If you are determined to have video than the quality of video I have seen so far may not suit your needs however the still images will identify a person and you can set the system to take a pic every 5 sec if you want which would be almost like looking frame by frame at a video mine are set to every 15 sec for 2 min then start again if motion continues.
Good luck hope this helps

bbaucom

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »

Don't pull your hair out... return the cameras... get your money back, and spend a little time researching cameras and find something of higher quality.

all the wires and adaptors gave me a huge headache... spent so many hours trying to get more then 2 cameras to hit the single receiver ...what a nightmare.

dahur

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:54:31 PM »

I am new to this but I am considering the 4 camera deal to monitor my shop I would not require live streaming but I would like motion detection with recording to a PC.
I am looking to record any unwanted entries and save the video files.

Can the system record from multiple cameras at once?

The Lukwerks powerline camera system that I use,  has built in motion detection software, and can detect and record with up to 6 cameras at the same time, to a PC.
If a camera detects motion, it can send you an  e-mail of the video it took, or a still shot, or just text that motion was detected.(assuming the PC has an internet connection) If not, you can still save the files on your PC.
What makes it easy to install, is you just plug the cameras into the closest AC outlet. The AC video receiver then plugs into your PC USB, and that's it.  No wires to run. No wireless interference. 

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:59:33 PM by dahur »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.