Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: extra camers  (Read 5847 times)

pribco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
extra camers
« on: August 01, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »

Now (hopefully) I have my 2 camera system working right, am thinking of adding a third camera.

From what I see x-10 has them, but for $69,  which seems excessive considering what they sell for $79--but who needs an exta senser, commander etc.

Do they ever have sales on single cams, or is this part of their marketing stategy.?

Are there other wireless cams that will interface with x-10 stuff?

Bill

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: extra camers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 06:43:44 PM »

Now (hopefully) I have my 2 camera system working right, am thinking of adding a third camera.

Do they ever have sales on single cams, or is this part of their marketing stategy.?

Bill
I have never seen single item sales. X10 sales are usually "bundles".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:07:27 PM »

Are there other wireless cams that will interface with x-10 stuff?

Here is the current (IMHO... BEST) deal, even includes the ninja. Also a 49.99 wired 1 camera deal too. If your not signed up for the newsletter... you should be.

What's included:

1 PAN AND TILT KIT W/ CAMERA (CR14A) $49.99
1 Vanguard Control Center Software (SW26A) $149.99
1 USB Video Capture Adapter (VA11A) $69.99
1 Pan & Tilt Base plus Camera (VK75A) $169.99
1 Small Video Receiver (no audio) (VR36A) $39.99

SOLD SEPARATELY: $479.95
NOW ONLY: $99.99
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:22:31 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

pribco

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »

Done a bit of Googling and found the Q-See QSWLMCR at Wallyworld for $62.  Includes 1 video/audio cam and reciever with omni directional antenna. Reciever will support up tp 4 cams.

I currently have - 2 XCAM2, video reciever (no audio), transciever, remote and commander.

Here is question for all you experts.

If I get the Q-See package, can I substitute the Q-See reciever for the X10 but still use the x10 transiever and remote. 

If this would work I would gain a better reviever (vis and aud) with omni antena and a cam with omni antenna for less than a cam from x10.  I am assuming the x10  cams I have contain microphones but the current reciever does not pick it up. I am also assuming the freqs are compatable.

Any thoughts??

Bill

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 11:56:55 AM »

If I get the Q-See package, can I substitute the Q-See reciever for the X10 but still use the x10 transiever and remote............. I am also assuming the freqs are compatable.... Any thoughts??

Nothing wrong with mingling.... but don't assume standards... there are none. Although most cameras (and WiFi) share the same 2.4 Ghz... there is a lot of bandwidth there. You may be able to get/find an X10 useable video channel with your "other brand" receiver (I Have). But planning on all the audio channels to match might be too much to expect. [In my state audio isn't allowed so I have no real experience with it.]

You will need a appliance module (or SocketRocket with adapters) to switch the "other" camera off/on. I don't think you'll have any luck with getting the cameras to automatically shut each other off and on ether. Many of us have included "other" cameras in our setup. There are extra hassles... but it can be fun too.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 12:52:31 PM »

The Q-See web site shows mostly 2.4 Ghz models.
The QSWLMCR  shows as a 5.4 GHz. Model  http://www.qps-inc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=QSWLMCR&Category_Code=QCSWLS
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:55:47 PM by Brian H »

pribco

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »

Thanks for all the help--guess I need to rethink this a bit. Don't need the frustration.

Question--am I correct that the xcam2 has a micrrophone.

Possibly I might buy the reciever that has audio-

Or possibly jusy get a wired cam.

Bill

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.