Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ICON does work with Direct TV H20  (Read 13988 times)

bbrick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ICON does work with Direct TV H20
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »

See mys series of replies in "Don't get Icon remote for Direct TV" thread.

Summary:

You have to use the learn function for Direct TV H20 (Hi-def) receiver.
On my icon the learning IR sensor is on the back of the remote, not the send IR sensor on the front.
Be sure to set Key Transmit Time on key sending time option to minimum.
Enjoy.

This remote is really a great deal.  You may be able to buy it cheaper as the Phillips Prestigo 10. >!

damiansnpvp

Re: ICON does work with Direct TV H20
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:36:18 PM »

Hey man, what are you saying?  What do you mean the IR is on the back of your X10 Remote? Did you mean the IR is located at the bottom of the remote, not the top?
Please let me know, I'm having problems also with Direct TV, the newer model HR22.   I may have a work around for all Direct TV boxes, but premature, your post has helped me very much on maybe figuring this out.  Please see newer post by me     damiansnpvp

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:37:37 AM »

The IR sending element is on the front like all remotes. The IR Learning  Receiver is on the Bottom of the remote. So when learning a code. You point the original remote at the bottom of the Icon.

captainpj

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »

I have tried to use the learn pointing my directv remote at bottom of icon remote and it tells me the learning worked but then nothing when I go to the sat mode the icon remote does nothing same problem with sylvania HDTV.  I think it has to do with both these devices have 5 digit codes. I think the icon remote is a piece of crap and a complete waste of time and money!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.