Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: False trigger events on AHP with OnAlert?  (Read 10418 times)

dimka2000

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
False trigger events on AHP with OnAlert?
« on: August 01, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »

Hi,
when I added security modules to the AHP - I notice that I get a false trigger events from some door/window sensors (it would tell me a door is open or closed when I know for a fact it didn't move)
Interestingly all these modules are also registered with my X10 security console, but I never got false alarms when it is armed.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Kind of on a side note, I did think about resetting the code on the modules and re-adding them to the console and AHP to see if that would help, problem is when I press and hold the test button on a door/window sensor, it doesn't blink 2 times according to the manual, but 3 times and it doesn't seem to change the code, since the security console can still talk to it. what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: False trigger events on AHP with OnAlert?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

dimka2000: The DS10As send a current state signal out every hour. Could this be what you are seeing on AHP? If so, this is normal. The security console does not give indication of a closed DS10A during this hourly update; however, it does if there is no update received after 4 hours.

If you are seeing open & closed signals on AHP when you know the DS10A was not opened, then you may have the incorrect security code registered to AHP. I.E. The code stored under that DS10A in AHP is from another security device. If you have any MS10A security motion sensors in your set up, then you have to be careful when registering DS10As; if you cross the path of a MS10A to get to a DS10A to register it under AHP, then the code for the MS10A will take its spot. When this happens, everytime there is motion by that MS10A, your AHP DS10A will give a false open / close indication. You can verify this by opening and closing the questionable door/window to see if the AHP Activity Monitor shows the correct signal.

dimka2000

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »

I have macros getting triggered by several door security sensors and announcing their opening and closing, so I know I only monitor open and close events from them.

I am aware about registering a wrong module. I did have a ms10a registered with ahp first, and exactly what you've described happened first time I've tried to register a door sensor - ms10a tripped and sent a signal while AHP was waiting for the signal to register (however, in this case you get a pop-up saying that the signal belongs to another existing module and AHP do no register the new module).

Having said all that, I will double check all the mentioned points. Was just wondering if it's something other people have seen.

Appreciate the help!

dimka2000

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:16:16 PM »

found all the answers in this topic: http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=14834.0

somehow overlooked it before.

thanks for the help guys!

here's what I'm going to do:

door open event:
if flag 1 set
  reset flag 1
  set flag 2
  'any other desired actions'
esle set flag 2

door close event:
if flag 2 set
   reset flag 2
   set flag 1
   'any other desired actions'
else set flag 1

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.