Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPD3 Manual Switch  (Read 2918 times)

Elvis666

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • X10 Beginner - Computer Old-Timer
XPD3 Manual Switch
« on: August 03, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »

Okay, the part of the installation I expected to give me problems did (replacing a fan switch and a three-way light switch), but all that is behind me and working perfectly.

Now, when I go to put the paddle back on the XPD3, it will not turn on the light. If I push the button beneath the paddle, it works fine, but when I snap the paddle in place it rocks but doesn't turn the light off or on. The little power interruption switch at the bottom of the unit works also, and is on when I'm trying the paddle.

I tried putting a thin pad of sticky notes on the switch, but that didn't help.  Has anyone ever had this problem in the past? If it is covered on the forum, I haven't hit on the magic combination of search terms to use to get to the solution.

Thanks.

Elvis666
Coding since 1979

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XPD3 Manual Switch
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »

Can the paddle be installed two ways and only one is correct? No experience here just a blind question.

Elvis666

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »

Good guess and you're right, there is a top and bottom. I installed it upside down the first time, but reversing it didn't do the trick.

Thanks anyway.

Elvis666
Coding since 1979

Elvis666

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 08:09:37 PM »

I "fixed" the problem by cutting the sticky part of about 15 sticky notes to the right size, stacked them, and placed them on the back of the paddle. When that stops working (as I'm sure it will), I'll find a chunk of plastic of the right thickness, trim it to fit, and glue it on permanently.
Coding since 1979

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »

Maybe it is not molded correctly. Sounds like a part that is to press on the micro switch is incorrect.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.