Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Security Remote Arming Problems  (Read 5652 times)

dchan5

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Security Remote Arming Problems
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »

Hi,

I just installed my security system, and everything is running smoothly, except for my security remote. When I try to arm my system using it, the console just starts beeping for several minutes. I made sure that all my sensors and zones were ok but I still have this problem. I saw that the remote has a setting for min and max, but the same thing occurs for both settings. When I switch the tab to min, it still beeps for several minutes. Is there a way I can fix this, or is my security remote defective? Thanks.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Security Remote Arming Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »

While it's beeping, hit the bypass button.  If it stops and arms, it's because you're bypassing a sensor it can't cerify as closed.  The blinker should tell you which one.  Could be a distance thing...
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

dchan5

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:22:12 AM »

I don't think that was the problem, as I can still arm and disarm by using the keychain remotes. The keychain remotes work fine in disarming and arming the system, but I am having problems arming with the security remote.

PajamaGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »

Well  then - You may have to start over.  I had some similar problems - 4 Keychains, 2 Security remotes & 2 macros.
I believe you can only INSTALL 8 remotes, and although the DS7000 will beep to indicate installation, it really won't.  And before you say you haven't installed 8 remotes, have you re-installed any without clearing the DS7000 by no-power & no-battery?

Just trying to help - and I had a similar problem until I cleared and re-installed everything.
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

dchan5

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »

yea, I tried to reinstall everything, but I still have the same problem. It seems like the MIN setting is not working because it will still arm after a minute of beeps. Is there a way to fix it so that it will arm instantly?

PajamaGuy

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 06:35:50 AM »

I think I read something about having to use a security remote to arm in the MIN setting at least once.  Do you have one?
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

dchan5

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »

yes, I have a security remote that is suppose to be able to arm in the MIN or MAX setting...but I am having trouble getting it to arm in the MIN setting.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »

yes, I have a security remote that is suppose to be able to arm in the MIN or MAX setting...but I am having trouble getting it to arm in the MIN setting.

It's definitely the security remote I don't think you have it pushed over far enough, I had the same problem when I first got mine, either that or it's defective.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.