Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Yet another "2 cameras pretending they're only 1" question  (Read 10960 times)

WFAWIS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Yet another "2 cameras pretending they're only 1" question
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »

I've been digging around the archives & haven't found a functional solution, so I decided to give up & just post....

Two XCams (X16A and X17A), codes set to A9 and A5 respectively. Both configured in AHP.
Both cameras within 30ft of the receiver, and about 20ft of each other.

Problem: whenever the X17A is plugged in it overrides the X16A, regardless of what channel code they're set to, and regardless of which camera was plugged in first. AHP sees both cameras, and they both work individually. However, if they both have power at the same time, AHP thinks both cameras are the same X17A. Only the image transmitted by the X17 can be seen.

I've monkeyed around with deleting configurations, recreating configurations in various different orders, plugged in the cameras in different orders, moved the cameras, moved the receiver, rebooted, swapped the codes around, and still the only received image is the one from the X17A. If that camera is functional anywhere in the house it will automatically override the other camera. This makes me spectacularly unwilling to buy additional cameras.

Any ideas?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Yet another "2 cameras pretending they're only 1" question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:47:12 PM »

Two XCams (X16A and X17A), codes set to A9 and A5 respectively.

To get the cameras to react to each other (turn each other off) they must be in the same "group of four". The groups of four are 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. If your cameras were in the same group... then when one would turn off when the other turned on.

So change A5 to A10.... or A9 to A6.. and your set.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

WFAWIS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »

Hmm, I thought I'd tried that already -- but it's easily possible I got confused during the flurry of camera-monkeying (time crunch) and did something else (or thought of that, but then didn't do it).

I'll definitely give that a whirl, so thanks!

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:18:10 PM »

another thing to check; make sure both cameras and the receiver are on the same freq (A,B,C,D) one might be off. just a suggestion. hope you get it fixed.  sometimes cameras can be a pain. :-[
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.