Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Create a Patch  (Read 11886 times)

AllSeeingEye

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Create a Patch
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »

Can a patch be created to increase the capture resolution in the video settings from 640x480 up to 1024x768 in the Active Home Pro software?  The cameras display are grainy, especially the black & white low light night cameras.  And yes, I have tried adjusting the focus on the black & white low light cameras.

When I had the cameras connected to my TV, the resolution was far superior than what the software in the Active Home Pro settings can achieve.  The video surveillance is almost useless due to the fact that you cannot make out faces in the video.

In the Video Display Options Properties, there’s no option for setting the Gamma, White Balance or Back light Comp. These options are grayed out or unavailable for the user to set. This will also be submitted on the discussion board of Topic for discussion.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Create a Patch
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »

Can a patch be created to increase the capture resolution in the video settings from 640x480 up to 1024x768 in the Active Home Pro software? 

I believe the resolution of the low end X10 Cameras are 320x240 so increasing the resolution of the recording or display will not provide more detail. What cameras are you using?

The code for AHP/iWitness is not available to the public, so user created patches or modifications would be difficult.

P.S. I deleted your other 2 same posts; it only has to be posted once to be seen by all.  ;)

AllSeeingEye

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Create a Patch
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 10:37:06 PM »

Can a patch be created to increase the capture resolution in the video settings from 640x480 up to 1024x768 in the Active Home Pro software? 

I believe the resolution of the low end X10 Cameras are 320x240 so increasing the resolution of the recording or display will not provide more detail. What cameras are you using?

The code for AHP/iWitness is not available to the public, so user created patches or modifications would be difficult.

P.S. I deleted your other 2 same posts; it only has to be posted once to be seen by all.  ;)

The cameras that I'm using are the wireless 2.4GHz B/W & Color cameras.  I was not suggesting that I be able to write code for the software, but for the software manufacturer to create a patch. Anyway, I received an email from X10 tech support stating that "No, it cannot; that is the hardware limit on the VA11A."

Sorry for the duplicate post.  >!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.