Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dimming & brightening Commands From Software  (Read 24178 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Dimming & brightening Commands From Software
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 11:48:26 PM »

Say Boiler you know I was thinking all my timers work perfectly and I always get the proper dim levels the only time I experence a problem is when I try to manually use the sliders, if it was the coupler repeater wouldn't it also affect the timers as well?? WOW my Leviton switches seem to be working perfectly now! only thing is I sent most back except for a few because I couldn't get them to work tech support didn't even suggest this! just wish I had those other switches got them on sale. rofl (crying!!) Thanks!!

Tom j.

Boiler

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 04:00:29 PM »

Say Boiler you know I was thinking all my timers work perfectly and I always get the proper dim levels the only time I experence a problem is when I try to manually use the sliders, if it was the coupler repeater wouldn't it also affect the timers as well?? WOW my Leviton switches seem to be working perfectly now! only thing is I sent most back except for a few because I couldn't get them to work tech support didn't even suggest this! just wish I had those other switches got them on sale. rofl (crying!!) Thanks!!

Tom j.

Tom,
I am still running AHP 3.204 and I only see this behavior when sending commands from the PC.  I do not see the problem when macro's are executed from the interface.  The reason for this follows is that the CM15a interface precedes the dim commands with a bright 100% command.  As a result the CM15a is always starting from a 100% reference.

Jeff Volps testing indicated that the problem was present at all times (he's running V3.228).

Glad to hear that your Leviton units are working well now,
Boiler

tom j

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »

Boiler So you still think this might be caused by the repeater?? and if so any idea why this is just present from the software and the when a macro is run. Jeff said that the repeater skips alternate bright/dim commands so wouldn't that apply to macros as well as commands sent from the sliders in the software. Or is it because a macro is basically one command and the commands from the sliders are sometimes multiple, just trying to understand. And say Dan one other thing seems like the Leviton switches don't respond to the polling command well at least my 6381's don't do you know if this is supposed to be supported. And would you know if x10 makes any wall switches with AGC (gated automatic gain control) and soft start  seems like the AGC switches respond perfectly from the software! Thanks Dan!! you were way more helpful then tech support.

Tom j.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:00:54 PM by tom j »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »

I repeated the bright/dim macro test I did several weeks ago.  This time I made sure the CM15A macro was indeed running just on the CM15A by disconnecting the USB connector.  In that case the macro did brighten the light to 100% before setting each level, which is the same result reported by Boiler.  Interestingly, I now receive the same result even with the USB connected.  I see the Bright 100% logged before each Dim command.

I apparently left the "Run from PC" box checked when I tried that test previously because I obtained the same result whether triggering the macro from the AH screen, or via a X10 powerline command with the PC connected to the CM15A.  If I check that box now, I see the doubled commands that I reported last time.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

tom j

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 10:19:13 PM »

I repeated the bright/dim macro test I did several weeks ago.  This time I made sure the CM15A macro was indeed running just on the CM15A by disconnecting the USB connector.  In that case the macro did brighten the light to 100% before setting each level, which is the same result reported by Boiler.  Interestingly, I now receive the same result even with the USB connected.  I see the Bright 100% logged before each Dim command.

I apparently left the "Run from PC" box checked when I tried that test previously because I obtained the same result whether triggering the macro from the AH screen, or via a X10 powerline command with the PC connected to the CM15A.  If I check that box now, I see the doubled commands that I reported last time.

Jeff

Hi Jeff say where is that "Run from PC" I don't see it I would have thought it would had been under "Hardware Configuration" but that really resolved all you problems concerning this? Thanks

Tom j.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2008, 11:18:49 PM »

Hi Jeff say where is that "Run from PC" I don't see it I would have thought it would had been under "Hardware Configuration" but that really resolved all you problems concerning this? Thanks

There is a checkbox in the macro editor that selects whether the macro is downloaded or run from the PC.  I probably missed changing that after the first test when I downloaded the program to the CM15A.  That explains why my results were the same in both configurations for that earlier test.  Even though the macro was triggered via a powerline command, it was apparently still running on the PC.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

tom j

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 10:20:45 PM »

There is a checkbox in the macro editor that selects whether the macro is downloaded or run from the PC.  I probably missed changing that after the first test when I downloaded the program to the CM15A.  That explains why my results were the same in both configurations for that earlier test.  Even though the macro was triggered via a powerline command, it was apparently still running on the PC.

Jeff

OK never looked there. Thanks Jeff and I'm so happy I can use my Leviton switches why hasn't x10 updated the software with the extended commands they list these switches as being supported. I even talked to a vice president and he didn't have a clue as to why they didn't work!

Tom j.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:35:20 PM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 10:33:04 PM »

Tom j.

Tom,
I am still running AHP 3.204 and I only see this behavior when sending commands from the PC.  I do not see the problem when macro's are executed from the interface.  The reason for this follows is that the CM15a interface precedes the dim commands with a bright 100% command.  As a result the CM15a is always starting from a 100% reference.

Jeff Volps testing indicated that the problem was present at all times (he's running V3.228).

Glad to hear that your Leviton units are working well now,
Boiler

Hi Boiler! Sorry just saw this, let me look it over I might have another question, wait I think I have one so if you try to control your lights from the sliders inside the software itself for example if I have A1 for example and go from off to 50% and then try to go to lets say 30% the software will try to brighten to 100% first and that's why instead of dimming it brightens, kind of confused. So is this a hardware problem or software or possibly both. Thanks!!

Tom j.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:46:55 PM by tom j »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 07:35:46 AM »

Many of the X10 dimming modules start at 100%. Then dim down. I believe it is a hardware thing in the modules themselves.

tom j

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »

Thanks guys! you know I don't have any problems with the Leviton switches with AGC when I followed Boiler recommendation and used the 2 way light module with the extended command set those two work perfectly!! Only the x10 decorator switches without AGC give me problems, and I did see that when you first turn them on from off to say 50% it quickly jumps to 100 then down to 50% only after I try a couple of times with the same switch does it appear to get confused, so do you guys still think this is a result of the repeater or is this just the nature of the switches themselves seems like if it was the repeater it would also affect the Leviton. Guess I'll have to get more Leviton switches but I just wish they would give you the option not to use the memory function. Still don't understand why x10 doest support the extended command set for the Leviton switches, anyone have a clue??

Tom j.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.