Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AH Pro just not working  (Read 3467 times)

jcgso

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AH Pro just not working
« on: August 22, 2008, 09:40:09 AM »

Ever since getting a new computer system with Windows Vista, Active Home Pro has not worked.  I thought I needed to upgrade AHP, which I did to the latest version, but the problem persists.  basically no matter what modules I program and download, nothing works according to the schedule.  One day, one of the lights might go on, then the next it doesn't.  I have about eight lights to control, with four needing to be on dawn to dusk schedule, but none will work properly.  I have cleared the USB module and reloaded the program several times, put new batteries in the USB module and made sure all cables are securely connected.  Any assitance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
JC

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AH Pro just not working
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »

Sounds like the .ahx file you are using has gotten corrupted.   Delete it and create a new file and see if it works properly.   One other thing:  Do you have a noise filter on the outlet where the PC is plugged into?  PCs are notorious for putting out noise on the power line.  Also the CM15A should never be plugged into the same outlet as the PC, even if the PC is plugged into a noise filter. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 01:10:26 PM »

Ever since getting a new computer system with Windows Vista, Active Home Pro has not worked.  ................................ One day, one of the lights might go on, then the next it doesn't.

............... PCs are notorious for putting out noise on the power line.

It could very well be the new computer is a bit noisy (as Dan Lawrence mentioned). Or that the setting on the newly installed AHP software isn't the same as your previous setup. But putting ether the PC or the CM15A on a heavy-duty extention cord (to get a different circuit) may be a decent test/work-around.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

jcgso

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »

Thanks, I'll try both things tonight.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.