Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PA11  (Read 5758 times)

DaGimp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PA11
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »

I purchased about 18 wall socket units PA11 and the active pro package with LM465 and AM486, keychain remote. control unit CM15a.

Keychain works, software works.... I've installed about 7 wall sockets in various circuits in the house. Using the mobile LM465 and AM486 I'm able to see that the circuits are not having issues with getting signal. However not one of my PA11's will turn on. I've made sure they were on the correct code, I've changed the code I've made sure I selected the proper unit type (found out this matters little.

So I'm at a loss? Two sepperate rooms on different circuits, both will function with the mobile units, but none of the wall sockets do anything. And yes I've tried both sockets of the outlet, the instructions say only the top will on/off.

I cant imagine I've got this many bad units in the same shipment? I'm at a loss at what to do? I did install the units myself, but I've had a bit of electrical experience and electronics training. Everything looks good, all units grounded?

???

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: PA11
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »

What is a PA11?  A Google Search reveals nothing. If you mean a X10Pro PA011A it's a wall outlet.  In AHP you use the same module as a Receptacle Module or select the PA011 in AHP.  A PA011 is the same unit as a  X10 SR227.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 06:55:37 AM »

As a test you said you tried LM465s and AM468s. Where they tried in the same outlet; unswitched part; of the wall outlet modules?
You could have a signal problem like a signal sucker; noise maker or a phase coupling problem.
If the plug in modules work in the unswitched part of the wall outlet modules. That may give us more clues to the problem.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »

Keychain works, software works.... I've installed about 7 wall sockets in various circuits in the house. Using the mobile LM465 and AM486 I'm able to see that the circuits are not having issues with getting signal.
So I'm at a loss? Two sepperate rooms on different circuits, both will function with the mobile units, but none of the wall sockets do anything. And yes I've tried both sockets of the outlet, the instructions say only the top will on/off.

I cant imagine I've got this many bad units in the same shipment? I'm at a loss at what to do? I did install the units myself, but I've had a bit of electrical experience and electronics training. Everything looks good, all units grounded?

???

"I'm able to see that the circuits are not having issues with getting signal"
How do you know this?

"I cant imagine I've got this many bad units in the same shipment?"
Maybe, maybe not...X10 has minimal "end-of-line" testing (if any) of their "standard line" modules. The "X10Pro" line gets a burn in and testing. It might be possible for X10 to build an entire lot  of defective PA11s but improbable.

Plug your AM486 in the bottom socket of one of the PA11s, with both set to the same HCUC and send them an ON command with the keychain remote. If the AM486 turns ON but the PA11 does not...you MAY have a bad batch of PA11s.If neither come ON then you probably have a noise or coupling problem
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.