Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Idea  (Read 2272 times)

WALKER1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New Idea
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »

I have been using x10 for the past several years, which I have not been able to dedicate a lot of time in creating the macros i would like to have.  I wish x10 would publish a manual that actually taught you how to use the flags, and create more complex macros.  As it is right now all i can do use look for help through the forums which is so time consuming. 

i also have several ss15a the slim line self adhesive wall remotes which are great but i wish that x10 would come up with some bolt on wall plates that have the same function. 

i presently have several wall switches that control the main fixture but because they control ceiling fans i have to ;use a in line and a wall switch  I would rather have two in lines to control the same fixture and have the remote option. 

Also I have 7 light fixtures that are 4 foot light fixtures.  Since my house was wired back in 1975 by the previous home owner he did not sire every thing correctly and I have had to put the in line in the fixture itself leaving the wall switch in tact.  Many times the wall switch gets turned off cu ting the power.  i think it looks very tacky to have all these blank covers over where the wall switch was.

thanks

any ideas would be great.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: New Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »

I have been using x10 for the past several years,

Welcome to the forums WALKER1966

which I have not been able to dedicate a lot of time in creating the macros i would like to have.  I wish x10 would publish a manual that actually taught you how to use the flags, and create more complex macros.  As it is right now all i can do use look for help through the forums which is so time consuming. 

Check out some of the user-created macros at:  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?board=103.0

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: New Idea
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 01:04:27 AM »

i also have several ss15a the slim line self adhesive wall remotes which are great but i wish that x10 would come up with some bolt on wall plates that have the same function. 

Get a mid-size switch plate and attach it to the wall with #6 flat head screws, then use Velcro strips to attach the SS15A to the switch plate.  It makes a very neat installation and can be removed without pulling the paint or wallpaper off the wall.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.