Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DS7000 Arming with Delay  (Read 29276 times)

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: DS7000 Arming with Delay
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 02:25:45 PM »

I forget the exact meaning of everything on the sticker, but that console was made in 2006. By itself that doesn't mean anything, but if other people whose consoles don't have the "remember" behavior for the arm button the console can post their date codes, it may tell us when the change happened, and if it continued in ones made after yours.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 04:15:48 PM »

Mine is "05I40".........

MeThinks

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 10:14:41 PM »

I tried it on my alarm and it does the same thing.

It seems to remember how it was armed last and arms the same way with the console arm button, interesting....

8)

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »

Is this still a known firmware issue?  I just had to replace my console and the one that arrived today is behaving as described, only arms in delay from full remote, and remembers last remote used with the arm button on the console.  My label says "08C11".

Not sure this is how I want things as the 2 units before this one armed in delay whenever you pressed the arm button on the console.  Also alarm itself doesn't seem as loud as the previous consoles.  My last unit's battery backup failed.  Everything else worked fine, but I got sick of having to re-register units whenever there was a power interruption.

gkamieneski

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »

Just received another replacement DS7000 Console.  Again the label is a "08C11" and once again the console arming is instantaneous rather than with the 60 second delay my old unit provided.  Does anyone have a fairly new version of this console that arms from the console with a delay?

I notice that it is dependent on what remote device last disabled the alarm.  If I disarm with a kepad controller set to max, then I can arm with delay from the console, however if I disarm with a keychain remote, then the next time I try to arm from the console, arming will be immediate.  This has to be a firmware change that they have made.

gkamieneski

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »

Just received another replacement DS7000 Console.  Again the label is a "08C11" and once again the console arming is instantaneous rather than with the 60 second delay my old unit provided.  Does anyone have a fairly new version of this console that arms from the console with a delay?

I notice that it is dependent on what remote device last disabled the alarm.  If I disarm with a kepad controller set to max, then I can arm with delay from the console, however if I disarm with a keychain remote, then the next time I try to arm from the console, arming will be immediate.  This has to be a firmware change that they have made.

X10 replaced my unit again, this time the manf code is '08G27' and still unable to arm in delay from the console IF most recently disarmed from anything but the larger security remote set to MAX.  So much for using keychain remotes from the car.  I'm starting to think that all units manufactured in 2008 exhibit this problem contrary to the user documentation which claims that the console will arm in delay when pressing the arm button on the console. ???
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.