Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless x10 module for 9 volt battery  (Read 3912 times)

LittleLarry

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless x10 module for 9 volt battery
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:42:52 AM »

This may be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway.

I have a 9 volt battery powered device and I was wondering if x10 makes a wireless module that can turn on or off a 9 volt battery device?

I know a way to do it wired. You could just have an appliance module hooked up to 1 of those little 9 volt battery replacer style powerpacks and when there is no x10 signal, the appliance, in this case the 9 volt battery pack would stay off, when an x-10 on signal is received, the 9 volt battery replacement pack powers on and then the 9volt device comes on, however, I want to do the same thing wirelessly and controlled by AHP.

http://hauntmasterproducts.com/13.html

I guess it would be like the opposite of the wireless x10 motion sensor, but also, I guess it would need to have an antenna to receive the signal from the rf remotes and then it could just cross the circuit to connect the 9 volt to the device, but only after it recieves and x10 'on' signal.

I have been looking but have been unable to find something like this.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:52:16 AM by LittleLarry »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Wireless x10 module for 9 volt battery
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only DC powered X10 RF receiver is the one built into the Ninja base?

You might be able to hack that (if you're into that sort of thing).

Yes, I agree it would be really nice to have a "Wireless Universal Module" like an RF only battery powered UM506.   -:)

>!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:37:51 PM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

The VCR Commander has RF reception (and can run on it's DC C-cell battery back-up) as does the DS7000 security system (the console) which will run on it's 9 volt back-up.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:13:53 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »

Yes, I agree it would be really nice to have a "Wireless Universal Module" like an RF only battery powered UM506.   -:)

I would like to see something like this available if they could make them small; like the size of a motion sensor. Just imagine what Dave_x10_L could do with his robot project if these existed.  -:)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 03:26:12 PM »

I would like to see something like this available if they could make them small; like the size of a motion sensor.
Just imagine what Dave_x10_L could do with his robot project if these existed. 

Oh yeah Puck... I recently bought a ninja because it would/will be easiest to hack... so the HA computer can more easily talk with the robot. Relays and remotes (as well as motion sensors) work well for getting signals back to the X10 automation system.

I recently added a EagleEye [to the Robot] and wrote a conditional macro around a fake monitored module. I then use AHP, to watch for activity via the Robot's EagleEye. I downloaded a guard-dog WAV file to use as a audio signal and placed it in my BVC audio files. I turn on [and off] the guard dog-mode by turning on and off the fake monitored module. BVC then "listens" for the proper ON signal and when it hears it plays the WAV file I've selected. I call this Robot-Dog. :'

I haven't yet decided how I will project the BVC voice/sounds to the robot.... although that is the plan. When I accomplish that I may change the WAV file to a voice announcement.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:15:35 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.