Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ACTIVEHOME PRO - ahsetup.exe cannot run on Vista 64-bit  (Read 12891 times)

sbswrmd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ACTIVEHOME PRO - ahsetup.exe cannot run on Vista 64-bit
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:12:11 PM »

i am replacing an old XP machine with a new Vista 64-bit machine.  when i try to run the AHP 1.4.2 install from http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm it tells me:

"The program or feature ..... ahsetup.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.  Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available" 

What next?  Any beta version or other possible way to get this to run?

Best regards

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: ACTIVEHOME PRO - ahsetup.exe cannot run on Vista 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

i am replacing an old XP machine with a new Vista 64-bit machine.  when i try to run the AHP 1.4.2 install from http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm it tells me:

"The program or feature ..... ahsetup.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.  Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available" 

What you downloaded from your referenced webpage, is ActiveHome (AH) not ActiveHome Pro (AHP).

Which did you want?   Do you have a CM11A or a CM15A ?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 06:09:02 PM »

1.42 would be the last version of Active Home, which is want the OP posted, not AHP.

AH was written for Windows9X, and would run on 32 Bit XP on most PC Motherboards, but some (like mine in my P-III system) gave serial posts fits.  AFAIK it would not run on XP64, but nobody who posts here ever reported a problem running AH on XP64.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:24:03 AM »

X10 has not updated AH for the CM11A in many years and I doubt you will ever see a version for Vista 64-bit.

sbswrmd

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:56:09 PM »

I have a CM15A.  Do you have a link for AHP available that will run on Windows Vista 64? 

The version I was trying to install was 1.4.2.  Are you saying there is a 32 or 64 bit version of AHP 1.4.2 available?

Best regards

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »

NO.

The current version of Active Home Pro is 3.228.  What were you using on the XP machine?  It had to be Active Home Pro because you said you have the CM15A.  The CM15A will not accept the .x10 files Active Home software produces.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 06:54:21 PM »

The link in your original message points to the OLD CM11A Serial Port controller software; Active Home.
As you have a CM15A; you need Active Home Pro software as Dan said.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »

What has me perplexed is that is he has the CM15A, he has to have gotten AHP unless he got it from somebody other than X10USA.  They only sell it as a package.  If he got from a dealer other than X10 or on E-Bay, the Active Pro software would not have recognized it.  It's insides are totally different than the CM11A.  The AH software looks for a COM port, the AHP software looks for a USB port.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 06:40:03 AM »

Yes part of the package is the email with the download link and registration code needed to install it.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »

If sbswrmd will "fess up" to what he was using on XP, maybe we can figure out what's really going on.    Somehow I think our collective legs are being pulled.  He's mentioned both 1.42 and 1.4.2 that he's downloaded.   

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:07 AM »

Maybe sbswrmd picked up a CM15A at the Ham Fest or something, but it doesn't sound like he has AHP, anyone remember a 1.4.2 of AHP? Dan is right...we ain't seeing the whole picture.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 04:08:51 PM »

No I have never seen that version of Active Home Pro and the link in the message is for the old Active Home and CM11A.
X10 has never had the whole Active Home Pro on line for download directly. Only with the registration number and download link in your email.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »

Let's see if sbswrmd posts here again.   If he does, maybe we can figure out what's really going on.  If he doesn't, this entire thread can be deleted as it serves no good purpose.

Racer

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »

OK, I have Vista 64 bit and AHP and a CM15A Latest rev of software.  I was running on 32 bit XP and am not able to get the AHP to recognize on the 64 bit system.  I reinstalled the software from the original download site yesterday...

Any ideas?

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 04:44:51 PM »

OK, I have Vista 64 bit and AHP and a CM15A Latest rev of software.  I was running on 32 bit XP and am not able to get the AHP to recognize on the 64 bit system.  I reinstalled the software from the original download site yesterday...

Any ideas?

Does anyone know if AHP is 32 bit software?  If it's 16 bit software, it would run on 32 bit XP, however 64 bit Vista does not support 16 bit software. 
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.