Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro head scratcher  (Read 7186 times)

thejfk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Macro head scratcher
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »

I set up a macro: Eagle eye sensor (D1) starts macro...turns on one WS467(A12)...5 second delay...WS467 Turns off.

When triggered, activity monitor shows all steps functioning properly,but the light does not go on.

When I set up the exact same macro but drag "all lights" instead of the "WS467"...( there is only one light).
It works perfectly...
When I trigger A12 from a palm pad,it works perfectly
If I click the light  on from the room it resides in,(in software) it works perfectly
If I click "All lights on" from the all rooms screen, it works perfectly...
Using a CM15A

Any Ideas?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Macro head scratcher
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:24:19 PM »

Welcome to the forum thejfk.

The first thing to look at is go to "Tools / Preferences / Smart Macros" and make sure "Issue On in place of Bright 100%" is checked.

thejfk

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »

Wow! That fixed it!  Thanks!
What's that all about?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 11:01:24 PM »

What's that all about?

I'm not sure about the PLC signal details, but from what I understand, some modules won't turn on with a DIM command; they want an ON command. This setting only affects how macros turn a lamp module/light switch on.

thejfk

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 02:00:06 AM »

I'm now trying to set up a macro(same light) that will dim 50% between 11:00pm and 6:00am...I'm having the same no light issue.
Do you think a different WS 467 will make adifference? or, will I have better luck with a WS12A?
Thanks

Boiler

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »

thejfk,

It sounds as if you have one of the newer WS467's produced after early '07.  These units have "soft start" and a number of other new features.

Puck is correct that these units will not activate in response to a bright or dim command.  The option change that you made forces AHP to issue and "ON" command in place of a "Bright 100%" command sequence for simple ON operation.  Unfortunately, this option doesn't apply to absolute bright/dim commands within a macro. 

For example, a Turn on and Dim 50% macro will send the following commands (view in activity monitor).

Event    Date/Time         Action       Data
0    10/05/2008 8:57:50 am    Receive RF    L14 On
1    10/05/2008 8:57:56 am    Macro             A12 (New Module)
2    10/05/2008 8:57:56 am    Macro             A Bright 100(New Module)
3    10/05/2008 8:57:56 am    Macro             A Dim 50(New Module)

Notice from the above that AHP is again sending the "bright 100%" command to turn on your WS467.  This will not work with the newer units.

The solution is to re-identify your WS467 as a LM14a 2-way lamp module within AHP.  This will force AHP to use a different set of commands referred to as "Extended Codes". 

Please give this a try and let us know how things are going,
Boiler
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:21:32 PM by Boiler »

thejfk

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 11:36:34 AM »

Thank You Boiler,
That solved my problem, but I found when I set up another macro with the same module,I had to set the brightness to 98%...when I set it to"on" IT dimmed to the level set in the first macro.

I just received a large box of new toys and I am enjoying playing with them! I hope You guys don't my if I ask a lot of questions

A couple questions I have so far are:

1. How do I override a macro? I have my driveway lights set to go on (motion sensor)  when I walk out and go off 20 seconds later.  What do I do to leave the lights on indefinitely?   I turned them on from the "switch" in AHP, but the motion activated macro shut them off.

2.I want my motion activated hallway light to go on 100%(98%) from 6:00pm until12:00am..then 33% from 12:00am until 5:30am..then I want a living room lamp to also go on from 5:30am until 6:00am...then I want both lights to go on 100% between6:am and 8:00am. I will use the dusk/dawn feature on the eagle eye to prevent lighting during the day.

I set this up with 4 macros, but since I'm using the same macro address(D1 eagle eye) only the first macro works.

Thanks for the help

Boiler

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

Thank You Boiler,
That solved my problem, but I found when I set up another macro with the same module,I had to set the brightness to 98%...when I set it to"on" IT dimmed to the level set in the first macro.

As we say in my Biz, this is SNAFU (situation normal...).  Setting the LM14a to a level of 98-99% is the correct thing to do here.  When you set a macro to turn the device on to 100%, AHP uses a simple "ON" command.  This activates the "resume dim" feature in your WS12a and it turns on to the last level used.

If you're curious, I've just posted a Tutorial here: Soft-Start Dimmer Problems.  Please do not reply within this thread.  I am trying to keep this as more of a Tutorial (not a Q and A thread).

1. How do I override a macro? I have my driveway lights set to go on (motion sensor)  when I walk out and go off 20 seconds later.  What do I do to leave the lights on indefinitely?   I turned them on from the "switch" in AHP, but the motion activated macro shut them off.

This depends on how you want to control the "override".  Assuming that you have "smart macro's" you could program a "else time condition macro" that would leave the lights on for a time durations (If time is between...leave lights on). 

I have have also programmed macros that could be re-triggered by a motion sensor and thereby extend the delay time (your 20 second window isn't a lot to work with).

Beyond the above, you would need a RF or PLC transmitter to specifically communicate with the CM15a and turn off a flag (or dummy module) to disable the off function.  This would require separating the On and Off functions into two macros. 

2.I want my motion activated hallway light to go on 100%(98%) from 6:00pm until12:00am..then 33% from 12:00am until 5:30am..then I want a living room lamp to also go on from 5:30am until 6:00am...then I want both lights to go on 100% between6:am and 8:00am. I will use the dusk/dawn feature on the eagle eye to prevent lighting during the day.

I set this up with 4 macros, but since I'm using the same macro address(D1 eagle eye) only the first macro works.
It seems that you should be able to do this with a Motion (D1 activated) macro and a series of time based conditions (else's).  If that's not the case, try defining macros at your D1,D2 addresses (eagle eye motion and dusk dawn addresses).  Use these to set flags or dummy modules to qualify your other macro's.

Boiler

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.