Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advise needed: What camera to get?  (Read 4732 times)

phongluu

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Advise needed: What camera to get?
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »

Hello,

First, yes I am a newbie in this x-10 world. I do have a home security with window, door, and motion alarm + regular lamp control, and very enjoy the products.
Now, i want to have a camera setup in and around my house. I need some experts help here. The x10.com site confuse me all the time ;)

I need to install the camera on back yard and front yard so I can view my kids playing while I'm in side or at my desk working.
I need to install a camera in my house so .. I can see things inside remotely using my Microsoft Home Server network.

Thanks a lot,
P.L

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Advise needed: What camera to get?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »

I need to install the camera on back yard and front yard so I can view my kids playing while I'm in side or at my desk working.
I need to install a camera in my house so .. I can see things inside remotely using my Microsoft Home Server network.

X10 offers several "package deals" for cameras. There are no bad package deals... and without having setup camera before... there will be some guess-work. You will likely want at least a four camera setup.

You can mix wired and wireless cameras. Ninjas are really nice! as are the wide-eyed cameras. You will need a video adapter to get the video on your PC for internet viewing. You will also need the CM19a or CM15A for remote (Internet) control of cameras. The CM15A has some great advantages!

A large package deal setup... can be overwhelming when setting up... if you have never used X10 before. Take your time... read the forum... and HAVE FUN.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.