Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting a arm code for your new x10 powerhouse and  (Read 8103 times)

ssvs04

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Setting a arm code for your new x10 powerhouse and
« on: September 25, 2008, 07:01:42 AM »

arming your system while your home while keeping the motion sensors off.

Have read the books but maybe im just not seeing it in the instruction books. I cant find my factory pin number or how to program a new code. And how to set motion detectors too off while home and vice versa when not home.

Have had this system for 4 weeks now and its just not being used because when I call on my days off of Saturday and Sunday there not open. So im hoping somebody here can help me. Thanks in advance for any help.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Setting a arm code for your new x10 powerhouse and
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:14:55 AM »

Not sure I understand your question  ???

With the Security Remotes you can ARM HOME, or ARM AWAY (likewise with macros if you have OnAlert plug-in).
With the KEYCHAIN Security remotes, you can only ARM AWAY.

ARM HOME causes the DS7000 to react to ONLY the DS10A's (Door/Window sensors)
ARM AWAY causes the DS7000 to react to the DS10A's AND the MS10A's (Motion Sensors)

Hint:  Set the MS10A's to position "2" to help cut down on false triggers.

Does that help?
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

ssvs04

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »

That does help but I still need to know the factory code for the main panel in case I dont want use any of the remotes. And how to program my new code. And also I set all the window sensors to maxium but if im coming home without the remote it doesnt give me any time to turn off the alarm.

Thanks

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »

Hi ssvs04, If we understand correctly, ur trying to disarm the console, DS7000 by pushing a code onto the keypad on the unit. If so, then you are out of luck. This system is only designed to be armed and disarmed by the remotes only and arm on the console or Macros or online. But to disarm can only be done by the remotes, DS10A or SH624. Hope this helps.
BaBaLou.

ssvs04

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »

Then what is the key pad used for?

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »

Well, Step one is to read and then read again. Sorry to say, but not only in the manual with your unit as well as endless searches in the Forum and not to forget the X10Wiki, all talk about the keypad is not to arm or disarm the system but to set the Phone numbers you would want to call when the system is triggered. Sorry that you thought the keypad was for your intent BUT, it does state it clearly here and I have two systems working well and was very aware that these systems worked in this manner not to say the other would be nice too. With good wishes, X10 may change that option in the future.
Good luck, and don't give up.
BaBaLou.

ssvs04

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 03:54:39 AM »

Thanks but Ive read the book and it doesnt say you cant use it for arming and disarming. It just talks about using it as a dialer, and after 10 years of using one with a key pad I just assumed they are all like that.

And not being good with a computer at all I had no idea what a wiki is and never even went there. And after trying the search engine several times and not wording it right I suppose I didnt come up with any answers I was looking for. And the fact im with limited time in my day to go over a manual or wiki several times to find the right answer. So I came here for what I thought was the purpose of this place.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.