Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fear and trepidation  (Read 2527 times)

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Fear and trepidation
« on: September 23, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »

With huge amounts of said subject, I decided to do surgery on my 3-4 day old system.  The antenna fix to the CM15A.

I did the tip removal and soldered enough copper wire to the tip of the antenna to make it 9.5" overall.

Seems like it made a HUGE difference.  Although I didn't do a real scientific test.
There maybe be a xmit difference between the ActiveEye and the Security MS10A.  But the MS16 seems a lot more solid since the antenna surgery.

The MS16 was real bothersome on the perimeter of the house and I fiddled with them all afternoon.  Didn't try the Security modules before the alteration, but the MS16's were dropping signals(it seemed) before hand.  This was approximately 25-30'.

The 16's started behaving so good after the fix, that I tried a MS10 and a DS10.  They worked rock solid well out to 85-90 feet in 3 direction.  Didn't try the fourth direction because it was dark, I's in shorts, and that directions is a little overgrown.

Real happy so far, except a nice antenna from the factory would be......; still in a learning curve tho.

I would like to thank all the experienced hands here, Tuiceman, X-10, and I'm real sorry but I don't know all the names, but all the information posted has got me and I'm sure countless others headed in the proper direction.

I put a passive coupler in and all systems go.  I haven't got the filters in yet,but soon to help in the reliabilty.

Thanks to all of you and a great big HELPFUL.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Fear and trepidation
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:51:32 AM »

hpdrifter
Nice to hear your system is coming together  :)% ,and thanks for the acknowledgment! ;)
It is a shame that X10 doesn't work out of the box as advertised for everyone  :( but your post should encourage others to stick with it!
The fixes for almost every situation can be found here!
If one can't find the answers a detailed post will most likely lead to a answer! :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:52:49 AM »

Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes challenging DYI world of home automation!

As you've come to realize by reading the forum, there's a lot of information here. It isn't often that there is a new problem just different versions of old ones. Well maybe after a software update but that's another playground for Murphy.

There's a lot of people with a lot of technical skills here and even more that have learned things the hard way. All of them are more than willing to help especially for those that have taken time to read the information out there already.  :)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:00:39 PM »

right you are.

And again, I apologize for not having all the names of all the contributers here, but you all know who you are.

X10 ought to AT LEAST send each and every one of you a free module of your choice each month.

Your contributions here are far greater than the little sheets of paper you get with your purchase(instructions).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.