Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you want to be able to Disarm your system via a Macro?

Via Local Macros or MyHouse
- 52 (69.3%)
Local Macros or Timer only
- 14 (18.7%)
Do NOT want it
- 5 (6.7%)
Don't Care
- 4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Disarming via a macro? Where are the macro commands to do this?  (Read 107022 times)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Disarming via a macro? Where are the macro commands to do this?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 02:31:57 AM »

It would be a nice feature to be able to disarm the system automatically with a macro.  I used to live at a house with a professional security system and it was a pain in the behind opening the door, and dropping everything to disarm the system.  We wound up never arming the system, due to this nuisance.  I would have no problem with having the system doing an at home disarm via a macro because a multitude of items occurred.  The garage door opened, and the garage to house door openend within a specified time frame, will disable the away mode, any use of any door or alarmed entrance will result in the automatic trigger of the alarm.  I do not have an alarm right now but the few people that have access to my house are family, and have the code and a key to my garage/house door.  For service people, I can set up a code to open the garage door and I also have keypad that deploys the key to the house door, which I can change in a instant.  So it would be nice to be able to have the alarm disarm if certain parameters are met, since most thieves are not going to hang out and figure what must be done to break in.  Currently, I know who has the code and key to my house, so if something is stolen with a macro-disarmament, I could help police back track.  Having a macro dis-armament is better than having no security at all.

Sham

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »

Hello everyone!

New x10er here, been learning a lot lurking around in these forums. Love them, they are great, much better than the "manuals".

Just wanted to throw in my request to PLEASE give us the ability to disarm the security system via macro!
My system is going to lose a whole lot of WAF if I suddenly try to get her to use 2 keychain remotes! (one for lights, garage door, etc, and one for security).

I thought for sure that disarming via macro would be possible when I bought everything!  I do now see the concerns some users have with this, but they do not bother me one bit. PLEASE give us the choice! 

MeThinks

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »

I also have spoken with X-10 peoples via email and phone asking for this feature. Arming and Disarming via macros/and timers is paramount. What is home automation without complete automation? Setting the alarm via a timer or macro is a secondary defence just in-case some one forgot to hit the arm button via remote when leaving, and having the ability to disarm via a macro or timer is just another part of the puzzle of complete home automation.

Just my thoughts, and please VOTE above....

Kirk

I know I've missed the vote by now, but I just started fooling with my system again recently, got AHP and all its plug-ins, having a good time, but I also would like to have a back up to arm my system if someones forgets.  Don't get me wrong, I've got macros set up to arm the system automatically at certain times, but it would be nice to be able to only automatically arm if certain conditions applied, such as the system not being armed already.  Unfortunately AHP can't figure out if its already armed unless you use a security remote, which in some cases I would like to arm the system without the need of the remote, especially from remote locations.

Anyways I just wish I could get the console and AHP on the same page, so to speak.

8)

lil_engineer

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 03:30:32 PM »

For those that are afraid of the security risk to disarm an alarm system;   :o
does that mean you do not do your checkbook or other finances on your computer?  As with any computer system it is only as safe as you are keeping it safe.   ;)
I don't let people access my AHP from the Internet,  :'(
I have an email form that has to be sent via my personal website to control AHP.  8) (yes you have to have an account and login to use the form)

lil_engineer

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 09:27:15 PM »

A "panic" like what is on the controller would be nice

Bruno B

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 10:23:18 PM »

Hello everyone, these forums are great!!!

I came on tonight looking specifically for this topic, but was disappointed, like many of you to find the answer.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but this seems like a no-brainer. X10 should create the all-inclusive option (macro, timer, myhouse, etc). The, let the user decide how to use it - if at all.

If you're not too worried about it - use as you wish.

If you're concerned, add conditions to protect the disarming - you could for example set up a door/window sensor mounted on the wall. If you have the magnet in your pocket, it can't be disarmed except by remote to the console - not by macro - or a lamp state, set up permissions in myhouse, etc.

If you're paranoid or have extra security concerns - don't use it.

I notice this thread started a while ago. Any news on the verdict? I'm sure the vote speaks for itself - when are we going to know the fate of this community request?

oldokie

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »

Most of my security macros have a condition of "Armed Away".  They allow you to reset the condition to "Armed Home" so that none of the security away macro will run.  So, what's the difference in being able to set "Disarmed"?

I vote for being able to reset to "Disarmed" state.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »

I voted "Don't Care" but in all fairness to the pole I neither own nor am interested in owning an X10 alarm system.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 01:24:21 AM »

Most Alarms operate on a dis-arm, arm at home, or arm away.  The difference is that dis-arm turns off all sensors, Arm at home turns on all sensors except for the motion sensors, and arm away turns on all the sensors.  We want to shut off the system via a macro so we could open the garage door with a seperate secure code remote, and then run a macro and dis-arm the system. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.