Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home macros  (Read 12458 times)

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Active Home macros
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:15 AM »

It's been years since I used the CM11A, and I could use a little help from you fellows who still use it as your primary controller.  My question concerns how a series commands in a macro are transmitted.  Is it possible to send a series of "arm" commands, followed by a single command function?  For example, is it possible to send:

A1 - A2 - A3 - A4 - A ON

Rather than:

A1 - A ON - A2 - A ON - A3 - A ON - A4 - A ON

I reailze ActiveHome just displays switch functions.  This question regards the actual traffic sent to the poweline.  Does ActiveHome take advantage of the "arming" capability of modules, and group together similar command functions to reduce powerline traffic?

Thanks,

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Boiler

Re: Active Home macros
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »

Jeff,

You can send a series of arm commands by building a macro with "stacked" on commands (no delay between them).

Macro stacked
A1 On
A2 On
A3 On

Will be sent as A1 - A2 - A3 - A ON.

Macro individual
A1 ON
Delay 0
A2 ON
Delay 0
A3 On
Delay 0

Would be sent A1 - A1 ON, A2 - A2 ON ...

The only problem with "stacked" event is when a transceiver (or other asynchronous event) occurs in the middle of the arming process - tends to mess things up.  I use a lot of 2-way modules and have found individual addressing to be more reliable. 

Boiler

Oooopps.. I just realized you were asking about the CM11a.  The above applies to AHP and the CM15a.  Like you I haven't used the CM11a in over 4 years.  I plead memory leak syndrome.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:19:06 PM by Boiler »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: Active Home macros
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »

Hi Boiler,

Yes, I have the CM15A now too.  I was trying to find this out for a fellow in Europe who uses the 240V version of the CM11A.  If nobody else knows, I'll have to dig out the old CM11A, and test it myself.

Thanks for the input.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.