Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows Command: Playing a Sound  (Read 5287 times)

devedsmith

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Windows Command: Playing a Sound
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:46:58 AM »

First, the whole "forgot password" for this forum SUCKS. It had the correct email but every time I put in the NEW password I was routed back to the forgot password screen... so, I had to create a whole new account.

ANyway... I need to be able to play a sound when an x10 "ON" singnal is received. How do I do that? Nothing in the known "command line" world seems to work. Did x10 people miss this in the application? I've tried all combinations of command line switches but nothing works. I can OPEN an application but I can't seem to DO anything with it. Seems like a waste of time so far.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Windows Command: Playing a Sound
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:29:03 AM »

A quick Search will take you to Third Party Add-Ons and X10 WavPlayer..............works good and lasts a long time !

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Windows Command: Playing a Sound
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

..... I need to be able to play a sound when an x10 "ON" singnal is received. How do I do that?

As JMac mentioned the X10 WavPlayer or the NEW PC Companion will do that (and MORE).

I use BVC (also in third party software) myself. Not only can I play wav or Mp3 files.... I can use the MS speech and make the computer LISTEN and talk. I have a YouTube video you can see. I Voice command my lights and devices on and off... and get great voice announcements, reminders and warnings.
I even used a dog-barking wav file to create my own (free) version of robb-dog.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:57:57 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.