Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.236  (Read 213771 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: New AHP Version 3.236
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2009, 10:46:05 AM »

thanks. 

Now that I have given up on vanguard and gone back and reinstalled iwitness in AHP, I am still trying to get the va12 driver to hang in there - it shows a pix for 100msec then goes blank for 700msec, then repeats.  When I clicked on 'uninstall' finally on ahp to try to start fresh, it clicked out of the uninstall menu and is gone but it did nothing to uninstall.  I next tried deleting all files from ahp and common_files dir and reinstalling.  still flashing video pix from cameras.  Oh ya, vanguard uninstall did same thing and didn't uninstall so I had deleted the vangaud dir.  still no go.  so getting more radical I deleted all references to vanguard in windows registry (win7 64bit beta).  still same.  I have now made a restore point for safety and am going thru the tedious process of finding and deleting all references to x10 in registry!  If you have ever done this you know there are like 300 to delete!  will then del ahp & common directories and have a go at reinstalling ahp 204 and iwitness and see if that gets it....  any other ideas are welcome!   

stoney

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2009, 08:01:13 PM »

OK...is there a time frame when we users / consumers of X-10 products can expect a NEW, WORKING, Non-Problematic version of AHP?

Is seems that this debacle has gone on quite long enough. Someone has GOT to do something about this poor program. Work arounds and patches are nothing more than excuses for poorly written and poorly tested software.

If you're going to sell a product then you've got to promote it in a professional manner and support it in a likewise fashion.

Scantily clad women might appeal to the younger members but it hardly indicates a polished, professional product.

Here's hoping that 2010 will bring us better things...in many ways! ;)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:52 PM »

Do not hold your breath.   The last GOOD version is 3.228 and that was issued May 9, 2008.   X10 USA has lost a lot of programmers since 2008.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »

Okie dokie.

New to the forum after lurking for a couple of days.

I was planning a suite of equipment with the AHP as the nerve center.  But after reading reading this thread, that probably isn't the best course of action right now.  That disappoints me since I was really looking forward to getting it based on a lot of the posts I've seen (not necessarily about AHP bugs though) of its power and flexibility.  Not using the AHP would also mean not being able to integrate BVC.  That's too bad since AHP with BVC is one of the primary reasons I'm going with the X10. 

I guess if I do take the plunge, I'd have to all the macros manually, i.e., no computer.  :(

r,
eagle

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »

I'd get AHP.  X10USA will send you 3.236, but you can get 3.204 from http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ .  Look for ahp_updt_204.exe and save it.  Install that, not what X10 sends you.  Once it is installed, use the update link in AHP to update it to version 3.228, which is a stable version not in the X10 Software Repository.

eagle

« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2009, 11:30:29 PM »

Thanks Dan.

When I was doing a search and reading posts here, I didn't come across the link you provided for 3.024.  I only came across one for AH and not AHP.

I downloaded 3.024.  It does have a link to 3.228 under Update program.  I was afraid the program would simply point to whatever the latest version is online.

So, it looks like this approach will work.

I guess I need to read up on whatever .236 is supposed to have fixed or provide additional/new features.

Thanks,
eagle

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2009, 07:05:52 PM »

3.236 is one of two known buggy versions of AHP.  I tried it back a Year and a half ago, right at the Christmas season.  When I noticed that timers would not operate  (outside decorations would either not turn on or turn off as scheduled.  I promptly did the 3:204/3.228 thing and no more timer problems

eagle

« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2009, 09:53:15 PM »

Hi guys.

Happy Holidays to everyone. 

Just a quick note.

As you know, I had installed AHP V3.228 (via V3.204) on a testbed pc just to verify it works ... and it does.  I wanted to test it out just in case I get an inoperative CM15A and needed to return it for an exchange within the 30 day period.

Well, I finally got a chance to install AHP on the target pc that will be the HA machine.  I installed .204 then to .228.  I, however, couldn't get the CM15A interface to load so I went ahead and loaded .236 with the intention to retrograde to .228 once the CM15A interface is recognized by the pc. 

After loading .236, I launched it and the pc recognized the CM15A right away.  I didn't need to search for the driver like it was doing with .228 repeatedly and failing.

Just for kicks, I tested an appliance module and it worked fine.

That was simple enough, so I figured I'd try to see if the timer will work even though I had gathered that timers don't work with .236.  Well, I must be doing something "wrong" because the timer works fine.  The timer works with both the CM15A tied to the pc and also with it running independent of the pc.

Perhaps I've misunderstood the timer issue with .236.  Was this supposed to work or was there something else I "needed" to do to show that the timer doesn't work with .236?

Just wondering.  BTW, I haven't installed any of the plug-ins just yet.

Thanks,
eagle

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

All I can say is Good Luck!!!   If all your timers/macros work as they should, that will be great.  If they don't, you already know what to do.

kcantrel

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »

I too have been having the problem that I couldn't get the the ON timers to work.  The OFF timers would work just fine, as well as any manual clicks (i.e. proving it wasn't a transmission problem).  I followed the instructions to "upgrade" to 3.228, and that seemed to worked just fine.  And, actually, I like that this version doesn't throw the stupid "Featured Plugin" in your face every time you bring it up.  However, when I try and bring up the "Hardware Configuration"  (so I can set the timezone) AHP crashes.  I can provide the crash dump if anyone is interested.  I think that is probably the only thing I need to set in that window so is there another way to set the timezone?  (i.e. is there an .ini file or registry entry I can edit?)

Note that when it was having the problem, it would turn on A1 and A16 via a timer, just not any others.  The monitor would say it was executing the macro, but nothing would happen.  I also tried the "on for 100%" and that didn't help either.

Also note that I had the exact same problem with can CM11A, which was the whole reason to buy an CM15A!  This is getting beyond frustrating.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2010, 05:20:31 PM »

Anyone who has AHP crashing when Hardware Configuration is opened has some other software conflicting with AHP.  I've never had a problem with AHP crashing when Hardware Configuration is opened since I got AHP in 2005.

kcantrel

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

Okay, this just keeps getting weirder.  I have a lamp module LM465 and a 3-Way wall switch PLW03.  The lamp module has always been A1 and has always responded to the on and off timers.  I decided to set the wall switch to A1 as well for a test.  If I do a manual on and off, they both do the appropriate thing every time.  I did it 10 times to make sure.  Then, I set a timer 5 minutes in advance, and only the LM465 turned on!  Is the PLW03 not 100% compatible with this software?  Note that I did the same test when I had the CM11A and it did the same thing.  What could possibly cause this?

Note that I reinstalled 3.204 and my "Hardware Configuration" crash problem went away.  Odd that it show up under "Add/Remove programs" so I couldn't just uninstall it first.  Now, I guess I should upgrade again to 3.228.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »

Do either of the LM465 or PLW03 modules have soft start? Where the lights ramp up and down when turned on and off.

kcantrel

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2010, 09:57:12 PM »

Do either of the LM465 or PLW03 modules have soft start? Where the lights ramp up and down when turned on and off.
Yes, they both do.  Note that I just replaced the PLW03 with an WS4777 and it also seems to not "see" the timer on, but of course have no problem with the manual on and offs.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2010, 06:28:03 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.