Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.236  (Read 213767 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: New AHP Version 3.236
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 07:46:32 AM »

That version is NOT available from within AHP.  It's only available on the X10 site's software page and only applies to the VA11A, not AHP in general.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Akasonny

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »

I finally stumbled across this 3.236 version with the help of a search engine...downloaded it and learned it only supports AHP and Smart Macros...and not any of the video.  It doesn't appear to have any support for VA11A...if it did, you'd be able to use Iwitness, Myhouse and etc.

It may be just the thing for those who are "camera-less" but does nothing for the rest of us.  Too bad too cuz it appears to have a revision history since version 3.228 too!

And so <sigh> visions of bug-fixes and sugar plums are, once again, dashed.  Maybe in 2009, eh?

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 05:02:33 PM »

Hi Alcosonny,
I am a bit confused on your problem. As most are too help you in you needs if you are having issues still, working in Vista maybe? This update was only for the driver for the VA11A. I pointed that out earlier in this thread on the first page of which can be found on the download page at the main X10 site. This update had nothing to do with AHP and all the attachments only the driver for the VA11A and so far it may seem nothing that stands out to be notice by anyone or yet to state so.
Let us know if we can help.
BaBaLou

Akasonny

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 05:21:32 PM »

Well version 3.236 IS available for download from another website.  But it's a different version of AHP and even the modules available from within the program are different.  AHP's download website containing the 3.236 drivers are, apparently, in support of this other program.

The only problem I have is that AHP 3.228 is so "buggy" and I've been awaiting some improvements.  Yes I'm running Vista and have no problems...even with VA11a and cams...its just that there are bugs in 3.228 that I wish were being addressed.  Was hopeful 3.236 was the solution.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 05:37:57 PM »

3.236 is for the VA11A ONLY and is for XP and 2000 ONLY, not for Vista.  As to 3.228, Most users of AHP have had zero problems.

Akasonny

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 05:57:29 PM »

Really?

So when you click on any module history, you only see data for THAT module?  You don't see data from other modules as well?

BaBaLou.

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »

So when you click on any module history, you only see data for THAT module?  You don't see data from other modules as well?

You see a simple list of history to all modules and you may call that a bug of sort, it should not effect the operations of AHP thou. Yes maybe it would be nice to have it show on that particular module the history for itself only and maybe add that to the wish list, but non of this should effect the operations of AHP.

Yes I'm running Vista and have no problems...even with VA11a and cams...

Congratulations!!! I thought no one had the VA11A working in Vista or maybe only a few it seems? what type of computer are you using it on?

Well version 3.236 IS available for download from another website.  But it's a different version of AHP and even the modules available from within the program are different.

You lost me on that one? available from another site, which one?. modules are different, How?

Akasonny

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »

In the version prior to 3.228, the history modules worked correctly by displaying only the data for that specific module.  Its not a "wish list" add-on but, instead, a bug that's specific to version 3.228...and a pain in the butt for those of us who are interested in such things for our systems.

Any VISTA computer will work with 3.228 ... do a search on it here.  Its a matter of adding three semi-colons in one of the .INF files and then messing around with windows device manager.  I have a Sony laptop and an HP desktop (both running Vista Premium) and it works on both.

Having been involved with X10 since the 70s (and not all of that joyous!), its my opinion that among the "weak links", AHP and the lack of serious programming is a list-topper.  There is just a serious lack of programming skills ... all of the versions have had a definite "amateurish" approach to everything.

>*<

Akasonny

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 07:31:33 PM »

--> BabaLou

Google "x10 3.236" and it'll jump right out at ya.

Boiler

Changes in New AHP Version 3.236
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »

Hello all,

Today I decided to throw caution to the wind and upgrade from AHP 3.204 to 3.228.

I immediately noticed a change in the LM14a interface performance - not a good change.  Here's the recap:

Ver 3.204:
  • When a LM14a is activated from the desktop the desktop status is correct and Activity Monitor shows the outgoing extended Code command
  • When a macro that uses a LM14a is executed - if the macro uses a dim or bright command (extended code) the outgoing command is not shown in activity monitor and the desktop status is not updated.  Note that the LM14a status is updated if you issue a simple ON/OFF command (uses standard command formats).  The upshot is that if you are using a dim/bright command with a LM14a (extended code) in a macro, you cannot use the "device status" command in smart macros to qualify macro execution.

Now I've lived with the above for a number of years now using the LM14a interface with my Leviton units.  It's become second nature to use flags and dummy modules to indicate the status since AHP couldn't monitor the extended codes.

Over the last couple of months, I started playing with the Marmitek X10 Pro interface and found that it could interpret extended codes and correctly indicated the status of LM14a units.  I decided to give 3.228 a try -

Ver 3.228:
  • When a LM14a is activated from the desktop the desktop status is correct and Activity Monitor shows the outgoing extended Code command - so far so good
  • When a macro that uses a LM14a is executed - if the macro uses a dim or bright command (extended code) the outgoing command is shown in activity monitor, but it is shown at the module address +1.To be more specific, if a macro issues a bright 90% to A1 the desktop icon for A2 will turn on and indicate 90%.   Activity monitor also shows the A2 module extended code command.  Meanwhile, the lamp at A1 responds properly and my testerlinc indicates an extended code command to A1 (as it should).

The above could at best be referred to as "backward progress".  The incorrect interpretation of the extended codes now affect other units that were functioning properly.

On to 3.236:

• LM14a Desktop functions properly - so far so good
  • LM14a Macro functions are indicated properly within activity monitor and display properly on the desktop.

Unfortunately, although the desktop status is updated, the "monitored status" for the LM14a remains "off" when using bright commands.  This means that you won't be able to use the smart macro "device status" command with the LM14a interfaced modules.

Nonetheless, 3.236 is an improvement.  I am not sure what other changes were made in going from 3.228 to 3.236, but if you are using LM14a interfaces, the 3.236 seems to function far better.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »

Alcasonny,

The only thing jumping out at me is the X10 sites of which we are referring too. It did also show the Marmitek site of which is intended to our friends across the Pond and a whole nother story. Your a long time user of the X10 and STILL using it, then you know that the X10 world is not a perfect one.

For me Vista didn't work in the suggestions given even thou it did for some. This easiest thing for me was to have a system with XP and that work just fine with no MOD or changes done to any file in windows or such. Simple.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Changes in New AHP Version 3.236
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 08:26:25 PM »

I am not sure what other changes were made in going from 3.228 to 3.236, ...

One issue that I am experiencing since the 3.236 install, is that I can no longer open my TV capture card while AHP is running. When I close AHP, the TV capture card works normally. Hope I never have to upgrade my main automation PC which uses a VA11A for remote video access and a TV capture card for my recordings.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »

The Google search that BabaLou showed the link to the Marmatec site and their 3.236 is the latest version.  If Akasonny downloaded that and he's in the US, he's running an non-US version.

Boiler

Re: Changes in New AHP Version 3.236
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 08:49:42 PM »

One issue that I am experiencing since the 3.236 install, is that I can no longer open my TV capture card while AHP is running. When I close AHP, the TV capture card works normally. Hope I never have to upgrade my main automation PC which uses a VA11A for remote video access and a TV capture card for my recordings.

Had somewhat the reverse issue when installing new drivers for my ATI HDTV capture card - lost X10nets.

Restored by reinstalling the SDK - back door access to X10nets.

Boiler

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 08:51:28 PM »

The Google search that BabaLou showed the link to the Marmatec site and their 3.236 is the latest version.  If Akasonny downloaded that and he's in the US, he's running an non-US version.

Exactly correct - this version comes with Smartmacro's and includes the Marmitek label devices.  I've tried it - it functions pretty nicely with my Leviton units (once you figure out what devices to use).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.