Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lots of AHP problems  (Read 2022 times)

tucsoncop

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lots of AHP problems
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:05:28 AM »

Last year I used my CM15 and the AHP software at Halloween to control a variety of things in my home.  This year, I pulled out my X10 AHP hardware to include the CM15, 2 lamp modules (LM465) 4 appliance modules (AM486) and 2 trancievers (TM751).  As I have purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista, I had to load the software once again.  Of course I changed my email address so I am running unregistered (dont know if this alone is the cause of my problems) until I get a hold of X10 because since the last time I used it I have changed my email address.  In any case, when I try updating the software, nothing happens.  Windows vista brings up a window asking if I want to run the update.  I say okay and the update never downloads and never loads.  Whenever I open the AHP software, it acts as if I've never opened it before, trying to run the wizard, pop ups and everything of the sort.  On my old computer, this doesn't occur and even opens the room I designed.  When I finally do get to the room I designed, I can manually control all of the modules in the room.  (Thank god at least something works right.)  When I try using timers with the computer connected, they work, however, they are anywhere from 10-30 seconds late. When I download everything to the interface, nothing saves at all.  One other thing is when I ask the computer to shut everything off, it does exactly that, however when I ask the computer to turn everything on, it will only turn on the lamps and not the tranceivers or the appliance modules. I never had this problem last year and its getting quite annoying.  I'm thinking of just selling all of my AHP hardware and looking for something else.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I know I have about 10 issues here, but searching through forums isn't working.  HELP!!!

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Lots of AHP problems
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:01:07 PM »

Have you tried running AHP as administrator? Right click on the shortcut and then click run as administrator.

See if that helps, if that does it, then you can do one of two thing, alter the shortcut to always run this way, or turn off the user account control "feature"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.