Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A stopped transmitting over powerline  (Read 2260 times)

side068

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
CM15A stopped transmitting over powerline
« on: December 06, 2023, 02:25:11 AM »

I have a CM15a date code 08k45 that is no longer sending out powerline commands or very weak commands it started last week my XTBR wasn't responding to commands when of it gave up the ghost with blown fuse and a bad smelling transformer (waiting on parts now) . the Cm15a was working but the signal was weak as the signal was only to reach one phase even with a phase repeater
but after a week no modules were responding to the CM15a commands but are responding to the TM751 and the CM15a's logs show it's receiving the commands so i swapped the unit out for me spare and everything is working now! I was hoping someone has seen this problem  and can point me in the right direction  to fix it as a backup unit.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A stopped transmitting over powerline
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 06:09:24 AM »

X10 was generous with their FCC Database information for the CM15A acceptance.
If you have one with the three boards. Main,RF Receiver and RF transmitter boards.
The schematics and things like parts lists are all there.
If you have the later surface mounted assembly. All is on one board but still maybe a help. As it may have similar parts and connections.
Since you XTBR also has issues. It could have been just be age but it maybe a power line surge. Causing the issues.
I would look in the power line transmitter on the main board and see if some component has failed.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm
Grantee: B4S
Product code: CM15A
Pick the Details tab and there are schematic, parts lists and things like test results.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:13:26 AM by Brian H »

side068

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 11:33:00 PM »

Hi thanks for the link , I have the older version with the 3 boards I don't see anything burnt inside ,the fuses are good the unit acts normal and receive and sends commands there is no real way for me to test the signal or lack of it .. I was hoping this was a common issue to zero in on possible the isolation transformer. Of course there is no way to source a replacement part and is not really cost effective as these units are going for $30

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 06:57:26 AM »

Can you still upload macros and timers?
Have you tried clearing and purging the interface?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

side068

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 10:06:15 PM »

Can you still upload macros and timers?
Have you tried clearing and purging the interface?
yes , the macros and timers are uploading jfine I can see it receives plc commands from the other units , I have cleared the unit removed the batteries too no change as for as active home is concerned it's all working like it should. I eventually swap the CM15a for my spare backup unit and everything works now but still want to try to fix the old for a backup unit.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.