Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Video Capture Question  (Read 8906 times)

hollyfox

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Video Capture Question
« on: October 03, 2008, 07:51:05 AM »

I have AHP and iWatchOut and keep getting a error message that address 0x27d is unreadable. First, doesn't the AHP interface capture video from the channel? If not then can I use an audio/video receiver with video sent to my TV card? I have used xray vision this way and just want to get it going. The ad says the interface will control all addresses. does this just mean for regular control commands and not video?

Is my error coming from the software polling for the USB video capture interface? If so, why can we not capture from the TV card?

Any help would be great.  :)

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Video Capture Question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »

AHP and IWatchout uses only the Va11 usb capture for video, you can use the receiver and run to a tv card but you would have to use a different software to view it.  This is one of the items in our wish list, to use any capture device.

But to this date, it hasn't changed.  If you are trying to view video in AHP and you don't have the Va11 plugged in, it will probably give you an errror.  Hope this helps.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

hollyfox

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Video Capture Question
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »

Actually, It was the fact that ActiveHome was looking for the VA11 video capture unit. I got it installed and this problem went away.

Thank you for your help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.