Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: System won't cycle between camera's.  (Read 5606 times)

wsight

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
System won't cycle between camera's.
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

I have an X10 system with three floodcams and one XCam2 WideEye on a Ninja Pan and Tilt base. The system is about 5 years old and I have not used it in about 2 years. Just recently began using system again and the camera's won't cycle and the flood lights won't go off without turning them off with the remote. The camera's will cycle with the remote. I have not changed anything on the system and it was working perfectly before. Any ideas?

X10 Bob Coolness

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: System won't cycle between camera's.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:54:33 PM »

Greetings,

Below are instructions on how to test the Floodcam.  Before you do this, please make totally sure that you are using standard incandescent bulbs, and not halogen or CFL (fluorescent) bulbs.  If the bulbs are halogen or CFL, then they are the cause of the problems as the unit is not rated to control that type.  If you are not sure, replace them with 60 W house bulbs that you can see the filament in.

FloodCam – Lights Won't Turn Off:
Try the following and it should get the FloodCam working. Take a Transceiver module (TM751 or RR501) and an X10 remote out to the nearest outlet to the circuit that is powering the FloodCam. Set the transceiver module and remote to the same house code as the FloodCam. Plug in the transceiver module and make sure you can control it with the remote.  Cover the motion sensor of the FloodCam with a towel or your hand for approx 30 seconds. Then try to turn off the lights with the remote. Do they turn off? If so, your FloodCam should work properly now.

If you do not have a transceiver module and remote please try this. Move the light sensor all the way to light (counter clockwise). Move the delay off time to min (one minute). Then remove power and re-apply power. Wait 30 seconds for the motion sensor to set up. Walk in front of the motion sensor let the light come on then cover the motion sensor with a hat or towel. The lights should turn off after one minute. If they do then you can adjust the light setting. I would avoid going all the way to Dark.

If the Floodcam is not working after these steps, please reply to this email with the results.  Have a good day.

Regards,
Nathan
X10 Customer Support
support@x10.com
Please do not alter the thread number in the subject line.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.